Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Pre runner build

Yeah it really sucks. It's somewhat fixable but im out of money at this point..
  2. H

Pre runner build

Update! So i took my ad down after being very frustrated with it. Got a few issues solved and took it out for some testing. And it did ****ing awesome! I was extremely happy with how the front end handled and the rear was about what i expected being that its stock length deavers and stock...
  3. H

Pre runner build

Thanks for posting that dan. So im actually thinking about selling it already.. I have 15k into it already with 9k being parts. its pretty much ready to drive, just needs a few little things. I dont want to take such a big hit on this without having used the thing but unfortunately I need...
  4. H

No thanks

No thanks
  5. H

Pre runner build

got it back from the fab guy the other day and he finished most of the engine cage and got the coilovers, triple bypasses and bumps mounted. I have a decent list of things to do before its ready to drive but its getting a lot closer. yesterday i started building the new rear wheel wells and...
  6. H

Pre runner build

I like how my cage is but i would have liked it to be a little tighter up front. I later decided to take out the entire dash and AC system so there is now a decent gap. but overall i think its great.
  7. H

Pre runner build

The new fabricator working on it is off to a good start. He has the front coilovers and bypasses mounted and is now working on building the rest of the engine cage and tying it all into the cab cage.
  8. H

Pre runner build

Finally got it back from my friend who was supposed to do the engine cage, sat there for 6 months and he was only able to mount the arms, gusset the mounts, and start on the engine cage. Took it over to another guy who should have it driveable next week. He is finishing up the engine cage and...
  9. H

Pre runner build

I dont remember exactly which ones they were but they bolted right up to the stock pockets and shackles. Going to try it like that first and see how it does but ill probably end up mounting the shackles above the frame rail and making them longer.
  10. H

Pre runner build

$3800 for the BTF kit. its built really well and looks very strong i dont see how i can break it.
  11. H

Pre runner build

yeah ill get some more pictures of the shock mounts. the light bar is ghetto rigged terribly right now. im going to weld new mounts to the roof but farther back to reduce glare. a 32" will be going on the bumper with a few pods.
  12. H

Pre runner build

Got some work done over the last couple months. got the rear shocks mounted and finished up most of the rear cage. it just needs a tire mount, light mounts and a few other small things. Just had all the shocks and bypasses rebuilt and properly valved and will be going in this weekend as well...
  13. H

Pre runner build

Dont have the rear shocks mounted yet. ill post pictures when i get that finished, should be within a few weeks. Did some more work to the dash tho and ill try to post more pictures and hopefully they are not up side down
  14. H

Pre runner build

I dont know why this is upside down. its shown the right way in my photos
  15. H

Pre runner build

realized i havent updated this in awhile and ive made some changes from my original plan. I got myself a BTF long travel race kit for the front that will do 17" of travel with 10" fox coils and tripple bypasses. The rear has deaver leafs and just some 18" sway away external reservoir shocks...
  16. H

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

how long are your links? do you know if a link kit for a ranger work?
  17. H

wow so you had to change quite a bit. Thats a pretty expensive setup.. I'll have to figure out a different way to do it. i bought 12's thinking i could make it work but i think ill have to just get 10's cause they will fit in there with stock brakes. im getting the BTF kit which will give me...
  18. H

drivers side front suspension Was wondering if you could post some more pictures of the drivers side front suspension. im trying to figure out how to stuff my 12" coilovers up there. the master cylinder looks like its going to be right in the way so id like to know how you got around that...
  19. H

oh ok cool. Im building mine very similar to yours so ive been going through this post a lot to figure out what you have done. Wish i could make it out to glamis this weekend. Really want to check this thing out in person to take some notes while im building mine.
  20. H

What have you done to the steering besides bigger tie rods and a different power steering pump?
  21. H

Pre runner build

got myself a 2000 explorer 5.0 v8 a few months ago. immediately started tear down and got rid of the entire interior. i wanted it super basic as this is going to be an off road only vehicle for me. Got some new wheels and some 33" general grabbers, did a full roll cage that is not quite done...
Back