Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Replacing Seat Filters

Thanks, I had though they changed the design on them, they should have listed them as a different part number and changed the box label if they are going to change them to lifetime filters. FS104LT would have been a good way to labeled them as a replacement part and would have let us know that...
  2. R

SYNC2 Map Update - Version A8

What is the down side of getting a copy? Does the copy not work properly? if it works with all the updated maps, why should I care if it is real or a copy? Just wondering. I am still on the A4 so an upgrade for me is much needed.
  3. R

Intelligent Access Key fob programming

I added a 3rd key to my 2014 Sport when I bought it using this method. I then purchased a RF blocking pouch (Faraday cage) and hid the extra key in a hard to reach place within the car. So if I ever lose or damage my key so it is unusable, I can just enter the code on the door key pad, take the...
  4. R

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

I hope I dont jinx it, but I took my explorer in back in August to have the wiring harness replaced in the 2nd row (seat belt airbag restraints). Was previously taking it in every 6-8 weeks dating back to last November. I am happy to say that replacing the wiring harness in August seems to have...
  5. R

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

Just want to share my story... I have taken my Explorer in 5 times since November, and its been the same story. Light go off for 3-5 weeks and then comes back on. A month ago they said they ordered a new wire harness and changed it out the issue belt in the 2nd row. Well guess what, it came on...
  6. R

Ford Explorer Wifi

That is a grand idea but it would make too much sence to do that, it is a notion I have long given up on. Back when I purchesed my Honda Accord in 2002 I know then that the future of aftermarket head units were going to be a thing of the past. Even way back then Honda has started to incorperate...
  7. R

Ford Explorer Wifi

Not to be defending Ford or Micro$oft, but I think the last part of your sentence is exactly why Sync MFT has not seen the updated it 1st promissed. I think M$ worned Ford about the possibilities of being hacked and the risks of their self parking and driver assist being used to put divers...
  8. R

2016 Limited or Sport

Both the naturally aspirated and ecoboost V6s in the explorer can tow up to 5,000lbs if equipped with the factory tow package. The Sport will pull the trailer with a little more ease as it has a lot more power and torque. But you have to keep in mind that the natural V6 has a GCWR of 9,980lbs in...
  9. R

Car seats question

So glad this thread was bumped up to the top, we just had our 2nd child a few months ago and had the rear facing car seat/carrier behind the passanger and 7-year old in a booster behind the driver. The carrier made the passanger seat in the front move just about all the way forward, but it was...
  10. R

Towing Experience

Thanks for the update, I am glad you were able to get it installed okay. I hope to install the button in the near future too, if at all possible can you post some pics of the panels you are talking about and the end result.
  11. R

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Post some pics when you get them installed.
  12. R

2015 Sport with Racing Stripe

Those stripes look pretty good on the sport, they might have been a dealer installed item that was added onto the window sticker after it arrived on the lot. I know some dealers will add bolt on options to have in the show room to show off in hopes it will bring people into the store. I have...
  13. R

Sorry, I dont know if they will fit a 2016 as they were made for 2011-2015, I seamed to overlook the year. But from the looks of things the 2016s seam to have the same shape as the earlier models in those areas.
  14. R

I has some EGR running boards installed on mine, they look great because they look like they are stock. They are alot less noticable in person as they blend so well and even though some review say they dont leave much space for your foot, we dont seem to have a problem using them. I ordered...
  15. R

Tow-Mode Button Installation

What does the wiring harness look like? does it have a bracket that can be installed on the CURT hitch? or do I have to get this Pollak 7 and 4 Pole mounting bracket as well?
  16. R

Disappointed with Stealthbox

I would not dismiss JL, they make the best sounding products on the market. The W6's are by far and away the best in the class, and I once had a W7 in an eclipse... wahoo! the bass practicly made a speaker out of that large rear window. I just wish the W7 was not so large in depth.
  17. R

Disappointed with Stealthbox

That is dissapointing to hear, I really wanted to upgrade the sub and have never had any issues with JL. I was concerned that a 10" would not be enough for the size of the explorer, maybe i need to look into some of the low profile subs that fit under the seat.
  18. R

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

I have a 2014 Sport and just had an aftermarket Curt Hitch installed. I am only towing a small trailer to help move my brother-in-law's stuff as of now, so I dont plan to pull over 2,000 pounds. Had I know adding a hitch on my own would be such a big issue I would not have settled on the...
  19. R

Replacing Seat Filters

I just want to make sure ford did not redesign the part or change the part number on me. I attached photos of the filters that are in place and the filters I received from amazon. The replacement filters should have the same white fuzzy filter on them and not just the black plastic plate with...
  20. R

Thanks CA - Blacked Out Plates for the Sport

oh yeah, the side mirros look good after you pointed it our. I am thinking about having the top 1/2 of the front tinted too, how dark did you go?
  21. R

Roof Carrier Recommendation

My brother uses this CURT roof rack and puts his bags on it then just ties them down with straps. It works well for him.
  22. R

Thanks CA - Blacked Out Plates for the Sport

That is badass!! I am going to place my order for some black plates too, I just need something clever to put on them.:scratch: And did you tint your headlights and tail lights? I was thinking about doing the same, at least with the orange markers on the headlights anyways.
  23. R

Replacing Seat Filters

Just when back to the Amazon page and it looks like there are several other buyers who had the same issue. When I ordered them I just typed in the part number from the service manual and the part looked right on the website. I am not sure if it is an amazon problem or a quirk with Ford but it...
  24. R

Replacing Seat Filters

I am nearing 30k miles and need to order the filters for my AC seats, I placed an order on Amazon for a "Motorcraft FS-104 Seat Filter" but it only included the black plastic caps and no paper filter. With the caps being of no use I returned them and now need to order the part again but I dont...
Back