Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Nice - What brand tent? Did you need to add additional X-Bracing?
  2. S

Aftermarket wheels

Guys - 1st - I have been searching and cant find but one post and not answering my question Question - Is anyone on here running 305/35R22's? I currently have 275/40R22's on my sport and want to go wider. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the 305's
  3. S

Borla for the Sport

Have you sold this yet??
  4. S

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Brother and Sister 2016 Platinum 2018 Sport
  5. S

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Jon - Great video and very nice Ex Question - What brand are the paddle shifter extensions?
  6. S

Just 'Mirin

That is in the plan.
  7. S

Just 'Mirin

Thanks all. We love this Ex. So how is a garage suppose to look? LOL!
  8. S

Just 'Mirin

All cleaned up
  9. S

Aftermarket wheels

Nice- can you provide the dims/offsets/etc?
  10. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

No...it's still there. Just not pushing on the gas hard. Have had it a couple times on my Platinum now. Mostly when I first picked it up to see what she had in normal gear selection and when using the paddles.
  11. S

2016 Sport tires

You bight be right Peter :D
  12. S

2016 Sport tires

I forgot the word "NOT". They are NOT Optimo's.
  13. S

2016 Sport tires

Sorry - forgot to finish post. They are Optimo's
  14. S

2016 Explorer Sport boat/small trailer.

With pulling a boat at 4000#'s you are correct that it would be easier to pull with the F150. For your Ex Sport here is what you can consider. I am doing the same with my Platinum but doing it to and from my cabin only. (twice/year) but here is the math I did for mine boat. The...
  15. S

2016 Sport tires

Was at dealer yesterday getting the first service done on my Ex. They had a Sport on the floor. It has Hankooks.
  16. S

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

you should estimate how much you would spend based on what you are driving now and spending now. It would get you in the ballpark. However, based on what you have and it having a tune I would speculate gas really isn't a priority. ;) If you have the means to do it, get a gasser for work...
  17. S

Towing: Whats the most weight you have towed?

If you are moving to a sport to tow over the rated capacity, find a different vehicle. As I have said before, if you are within the rated capacity I think you would be OK. If your over, no deal.
  18. S

2016 sport/platinum economy/performance tune questions

My Platinum is stock and I am getting 19-19.5. Just be prepared to stop at the gas station rather frequently. I'm just wish they had a bigger tank with this mileage.
  19. S

I am in no way recommending that someone tows over the rated capacity. I am just asking if the Ex, Cargo, tongue weight, trailer are all withing "ALL" specified ratings with all recommendations Ford has described for our vehicles why is it a huge concern? I have a boat that is close to...
  20. S

OK...don't shoot me but just want to ask. If the 16 Sport and Platinum's with the 3.5 Eco-boost is at 365hp, 360ftlb torque, and rated to pull up to 5K with a recommendation of a weight distribution hitch, why is it such a problem? Why is it hard on the tranny, etc if Ford designed the...
  21. S

Couple questions about my new 2016 Sport

I tried this too, still cant get it off. After pulling out on the bottom I have pulled down on either side with no avail. Pulled hard too. I think I am going to break something. Going to dealer to have them take it off.
  22. S

Towing a Travel Trailer

Thanks but I am looking for the weight distribution hitch (WDH). The Platinum is already set up with the receiver.
Back