Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

2002 4WD auto tranny trouble going into gear when shifting, noises, and flashing O/D

So I figured I'd start with the aftermarket servo bore fix just to see if it would let me get by without having to pull the transmission, and when I attempted to adjust the bands prior to, the adjustment bolts wouldn't move within their locknuts. I pulled them, soaked for a while, got them good...
  2. K

2002 4WD auto tranny trouble going into gear when shifting, noises, and flashing O/D

PO732 and PO745. I'm digging into them now. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm at the point where I'm willing to attempt a rebuild myself if it comes to that. Or replacing any parts needed. Meanwhile this give me motivation to get the ol' 66 Mustang on the road and drive it for a bit.
  3. K

I guess it wasn't. I took it to Ford to check and bad news. It WAS throwing codes, and they investigated further. They say the transmission is shot and needs to be replaced. Looking into options now. Thanks for the help :)
  4. K

Hi all, I searched and there is are so many threads close to this but none that seemed to nail my exact symptoms. None that I could find anyway. If I'm just repeating other's issues, could someone kindly point me in the direction of those threads? My Explorer is a 2002 4 door 4WD Automatic...
Back