Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

4.0 SOHC Timing cover gasket advice

Hi there. I'm currently putting my engine back together after doing the timing chains and I need some advice about the timing cover gasket. I noticed that the original metal one seemed to be bonded in place with something rather difficult to strip off the mating faces. It's a black substance...
  2. G

Wanted WTB: New rear jackshaft bolt for 4.0L SOHC

The bolt cannot be reused because it's torque to yield. So a used part won't help. I already have a used part anyway - the one that came out of the engine in the first place.
  3. G

Wanted WTB: New rear jackshaft bolt for 4.0L SOHC

Hello. I'm looking the rear jackshaft bolt to complete the timing chain replacement on my 1998 Explorer. International shipping costs are huge despite the part being so small and light so I'm hoping to find one of these in Australia. Part number is W703167S430. Thanks.
  4. G

greeting to people who help other with problem solving

It does indeed. Welcome!
  5. My recent purchase

My recent purchase

Australian delivered 1998 XLT
  6. My recent purchase

My recent purchase

Australian delivered 1998 XLT
  7. G

Australian delivered interior trim color options

Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I'm here because I'm about to jump into the world of Explorer ownership. When it comes to knowledge, I'm just a beginner, which makes it hard to assess the vehicles I have to choose from in order to purchase one. I've decided that I want a 2nd Gen model. Most...
Back