Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rear wiper motor requires persuasion

My Expedition had a problem there. The fix was to take apart the pivot under the wiper arm and grease it.
  2. M

battery drain

Unless it's something obvious like a dome light left on you will need to do a parasitic draw test. Do an internet search for instructions and be prepared to spend some time on it. You'll need a meter. I used one that can function as a clamp on amp meter for DC.
  3. M

Parasitic Battery Drain/Demand Lamp Fuse

I have a meter similar to the one linked. It can measure DC amps as a clamp meter. It's a fussy thing. I have to hold it near the wire and zero it to cancel Earth's magnetic field then hold it the same way while putting the clamp around the wire. It helped me find a draw in my Expedition.
  4. M

Underpowered 2013 PIU

If you search this PIU forum for "pursuit mode" you may find something I read a few months ago. As I remember it you have to find a lonely road and hammer the accelerator for a bit and then it should kick in something like "sport mode" on some cars.
  5. M

Shift interlock with PIU column shift

It's on 216 of the second printing. When I tried to download the third printing it was only available in Spanish. Anyway it shows how to do it with floor shift. Nothing about column shift. Thanks anyway.
  6. M

Thank you. I downloaded an Explorer manual, a PIU manual, and neither had it. I downloaded a guide for upfitters who install aftermarket stuff and it said all required safety equipment has to work even on cruisers. I'm a little surprised I didn't find a thread here about "I can't get this...
  7. M

I'm back. I just bought a '14 PIU and Google and searching this forum are failing me regarding how to temporarily disable the interlock so I can get it out of Park. I had an '04 Explorer until a tree fell on it. Then I bought an Expedition and had some drama with the brake light switch so I...
  8. M

I don't think this will buff out.

This may be the start of my goodbye for a while from this forum. I found this tree on my 2004 Explorer the other day and I bought a 2008 Expedition to replace it. I have a for sale sign on the old beast but I think I'm going to have to sell it to a junk yard. I have only posted in one thread but...
  9. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Thank most of you who have posted in this thread, especially the original poster. I have 3 pics here of how I cut the dash to perform this repair. I paid cash for this vehicle and I don't expect to sell it when I'm done with it except maybe to a scrap yard. If your one negative poster ever comes...
Back