Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Pop! now no compression

Oh I think I realized the no compression part. Bang a valve and bend the stem, No ability to close fully. Hence no compression. Crap.
  2. O

Pop! now no compression

And now I know whats wrong. The timing chain tensioner snapped off (the first pop)and broke everything in the timing gear area including the gears and chain. Then there is the fact that the motor is an interference motor which means the pistons have hit the valves and may have knocked them to...
  3. O

codes p1000, p0171, p0174

P0171 is a systems lean bank 1, p0174 is system lean bank 4. I had this. I cleared it Friday morning. Engine blew up friday night. I have no idea what went wrong. I am going to diagnose Sunday.
  4. O

Pop! now no compression

Not sure, But there is no compression in any cylider right now. Almost like taking the spark plugs out of all the cylinders then hitting the starter. Unfortunately I am swamped until sunday before i can dive into it. Maybe an explorer with brand new 32 inch bridgestone duelers on craigslist...
  5. O

Pop! now no compression

Driving last night, cruising at about 45, I hear a slight pop, feel as if the the timing retarded alot, at first thought maybe I blew a tire. And then the dash lite up like a christmas tree, and the engine slowly stopped moving . no power. coasted to a stop. Tried to start it. It will spin and...
  6. O

97 explorer lift?

Ahhh... that just cleared up alot. So I would be looking at a #853...cool. Thanks
  7. O

97 explorer lift?

Huh, what is part# 883 to?
  8. O

steering exstension? 2 inch B\L 98X sport

so whats everyone think, a 2 inch or a 3 inch BL? Is the extra inch worth the hassle of a steering extension?
  9. O

97 sport and 32's fit perfect

Anyone in the SF bay area with a camera? We can go out to china camp and get some pics.
  10. O

Oh I have. The only thing that rubbed there was the plastic body gap cover. No big deal there. just push the plastic pins back in.
  11. O

chip tuning in SF Bay area

Looking for somewhere local to get my 97 sohc chipped. And hpefully get the speedo re-calibrated for 32's. Anyone have any suggestions. Not to hip on the idea of pulling anything out and sending it off.
  12. O

No rubbing or anything when turning. Although I hit a very large depression at about 70 and there was rubbing. But well, I was doing 70.
  13. O

stock wheels.
  14. O

Well almost. 97 sport. Stock, not even a TT. 32 11.5 15's bridgestone deuler MT's fit perfect. had to cut one square inch of plastic. I don't have a digital camera so unfortunately no pics. But if I did have a pic, you probably wouldn't notice a difference. ANyways. tires work great so far. I...
  15. O

Will 03 Explorer 17 inch wheels fit on my 96 XLT?

So thats stock suspension? I figure if I TT and shackles or new leaf springs to give me 2 inches I should be good then? I won't ever be doing rock crawling. Just dirt road fun and snow runs.
  16. O

Will 03 Explorer 17 inch wheels fit on my 96 XLT?

So if I was to purchase a 17 inch wheel for a 265 70/17 tire ona 1997 x, what offset should i get. That way no need for adapters.
  17. O

Best spring pack

Looking for opinions on spring packs with a 3 inch lift for a 97 sport? I am thinking OME, but people have recomended Denver and a couple others. I really don't want to go try to find good 4 door spring pack and then add add a leafs and then shackles. Seems like it will end up costing almost...
  18. O

Is my X lifted?

Is that 34" with a 235/70/15 (I think that is the stock size on my truck)? I so wish I had a digital camera. Maybe i can borrow my buddies this weekend. I 'll check underneath.
  19. O

Is my X lifted?

I have about a 1 inch gap between my front and rear bumpers and the body. Maybe an inch and a half. Is there any way to see or tell for sure if the previous owner put a BL on? I am trying to figure out that and rear sag on my 97 sport 4wd. Any stock ride height numbers out there. Or distances...
  20. O

distance from center of wheel to body

Any one want to post their measurements. I have a stock 97 sport that I bought used and want to see if they did a torsion twist and see how far my rear leaf "spring" is actually sagging. That way I know what to look for and expect from my future TT.. So anyways measure from the center of the...
  21. O

install price on body lift

Has anyone had someone else install a body lift on a 97+ ex? I have a 97 sport 4wd and am thinking that a 3 inch BL may help with my plans. (If I can find leaf springs for it with a lift built in). Anyways how much was the install of the Body lift. I know I need to fabricate a rear bumper...
  22. O

OME suspension

Great thanks guys. Do they (ome) make leaf springs (for a 97) with a lift(3 inch or so) as well?
  23. O

OME suspension

So I have been told now that if I get rancho's and get lifted leaf springs I may run into trouble. And with the torsion bar lift in the front adding to the same problem. So I read somewhere that I can get OME Dampners that will be fine with the added lift, and also heard that they make leaf...
  24. O

chains for a 32 inch tire

32-11.5-15 MT's looking for some chains incase the CHP get picky. Its going to be for the road so cables arent a bad idea either. All you east coasters out there have any opinions?
  25. O

basket that can hold some weight

Looking for a basket that can hold a 32 tire and some gear. All the ones that I have found say 200lbs max. My pack weighs in at 80 lbs (I'm a Marine) and if me and a couple buddies throw some gear up there on top of whats in the back of the truck it will get maxed in no time. By the way I have a...
Back