Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

werid start up

Hello , so it took me a while to remember what i did to fix alot of issues lol been busy installing the 3in body lift from performance accessories.. ugh the body blocks ... anyways.. First the electrical. So to shorten the story i was talking to another individual with his help narrowed it to...
  2. L

Performance accesories 3 inch body lift

I try to look that member up , and as long as it gets me close any information is great.
  3. L

Performance accesories 3 inch body lift

Hey looking too see if nanyone has done the Performance accessories 3 in body lift on first Gen automatic explorer . Lost the directions during my recent move and looking to get a step by step if someone has done it already or has a PDF of of the instructions . Any help would be great since the...
  4. L

werid start up

Well stock wire was basically a straight line from alternator to fender mounted starter relay.. with the wires for the voltage regulator of course but those were just taped together from manufacturer and stuffed into a plastic harness so it could be seperated.. realistically just need to replace...
  5. L

werid start up

lol your fine i see no disrespect , this isnt my going to town rig and usually sits alot unless weekend wheeling , but yes other things have came up on the truck that had my attention . but yes i do need to but him a beer if hes anywhere around the PNW . but my question now is i have been...
  6. L

werid start up

Update : so i tested the starter all seems fine there pushes and spins .. Did notice the battery cables are a bit corrodid on the inside of the sheeting both positive and negative and the alternator wire fried on the end ..
  7. L

werid start up

We are on the same page for sure and my ears were along the same path as it being a mechanical problem towards the starter side of things since this issue recently just decided to happen I'm going to assume as of right now as someone else on this thread was telling me that it would be part of...
  8. L

werid start up

No i didnt..
  9. L

werid start up

Update ** Been able to get it running and it turnning over on first start up... which i was able to get some readings.. Battery voltage resting 12.45v Battery voltage running peak startup 14.90v Ideling voltage 14.59v Positive terminal to body 14.56v Voltage at the starter relay 14.57v...
  10. L

werid start up

The only thing i havent touched or replaced in that fender triangle are the positive and negative cables .. so looks like ill have to figure out some stuff when i have free time or just replace them since they are the OG cables from 92.. lol
  11. L

werid start up

It is unclear if you are describing 1 , 2 , or even 3 separate issues. So "click", with no attempt to turn over? If yes, then first suspect is a connection issue. Begin at battery terminals looking for corrosion. Can be hidden by sheathing. If no "click", and no attempt to turn over, does KOEO...
  12. L

werid start up

I went to start this morning and wouldnt start like a dead battery but the battery is new and tested fine bing at 12.7 ... but everytime i went to start the rig i would hear gurgaling sounds coing from the gas tank .. and after turning the key on and off for about 4-5 times the rig would start...
  13. L

Driver side Rear relays

IM Looking for my rear defrost relay and looking through this old threads found that its in the driver rear panel of my 92 eddie . But along with the 4x4 control module their are 3 relays . I was wondering which was the rear defrost and what were the other 2 relays . So i can label and make...
  14. L

Transmission dying going into gear

so update : transmission has bent looked at yet but hunting some places down , also recently got some codes going to work on the freeway got code 124 and 157 , i did a check engine code while running and got code 167 . so idk what to make of this anymore feel like im going in circles with...
  15. L

Where is that located ?
  16. L

Would it be a bad idea to clean them out and would standard throttle body / intake cleaner work or brake cleaner .. also would seafoam be a good idea or option
  17. L

I had a friend tell me about that with his jeep Cherokee.. could it be low on fluid or the filter . What would be the best cause of action to fix the torque converter issue
  18. L

No check engine light , i did add 2 bottles of the chevreon complete fuel system / injector cleaner to the gas tank from O'Reilly when i replaced the fuel sending unit also run the car on 92 . I did not clean the intake nor i have cleaned the air control bypass valve when changing the...
  19. L

so lately i have been having the issue of when i go start me explorer starts fine and idles fine , cranks over and after it gets to temp and go to put it into reverse it will just die and stop idling and will have to put it in park and start it over again . I can get it to go if i goose it...
  20. L

diagnosis of codes and sensor readings

i might have to try that and see if it works better with my 66mm BBK throttle body . As far as i know the idle air is working properly i have the K&N filter with the stock filter box and thats not clogged . the mass air flow sensor i bought was Blue streak from oreillys
  21. L

Right my dusty code book said the same thing but im trying to see what causes those codes of every sensor i tested normal .
  22. L

Would that cause the codes ive been having and ill take a look .. n see what i find..
  23. L

My question is, how did you get the reading for the IAC if its obd1 without a scanner that is capable did you really take all the readings based off the voltage of the sensors? What type of problem are you having>? Yes these readings are from a first gen explorer . yes for the IAC I took all...
Back