Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

New Engine P2197 code

Tried the to test for a leak on the intake manifold using wd-40, brake cleaner, and Propane. None produced any change that might point at a leak. They are new gaskets so this seemed unlikely. Sort of down to two options - One of the new injectors is bad? - Short in the wiring harness? Or...
  2. W

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

I started doing this and fought for 30 minutes with no luck. The I came and looked at the forum for some help and found this fabulous thread with opinions like mine about the design. Then I went and tried again with failed results. Easily wasted an hour trying to take the older filter off. I...
  3. W

New Engine P2197 code

I don't think my scanner will tell me anything more than the codes but I just bought it so I'll check on that. It was only ~$90 This should be the front driver side if I have done my research correctly. I plan to check my wiring and make sure that still looks good. Double check all my vacuum...
  4. W

New Engine P2197 code

P2197 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean - B2 S1 I just started my new engine after a slow and steady installation. Everything is good except for a P2197 and running a little rough. New items that pertain to the drivers side and fuel system. New O2 sensors New fuel filter New plugs New wires New...
  5. W

What else would you do while replacing an Engine

Got to 186,000 miles before losing the timing chain guides. Bought a new Ford OEM rebuilt 4.0 SOHC. Getting ready to drop it in and plan to replace a bunch of hoses and such. Radiator seems to have a small leak so I'll replace that. I have never touched the transmission or transfer case...
  6. W

No oil pressure

About 200-300 yards < 2 minutes With 186000 miles I decided I am going to do a rebuild anyway. No I need to find the best options\prices so purchase from depending on the amount of work I will do myself..
  7. W

4.0L SOHC - repair or replace?

Ok, front timing chain tensioner went bad on my 2003 4.0L SOHC at 186,000 miles. I have already taken apart half the engine so I am closer to pulling it than putting it back together. Do I repair it and put it back together and hope the rear doesn't fail soon or do I get a new motor and...
  8. W

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Up until you cut the dash this is a great post. I replaced this in my 03 without cutting anything. with the right tools and a little patience you can get the screws out.
  9. W

No oil pressure

It's the front but I have so much of it apart and 186k miles I should probably just look at rebuild options.
  10. W

No oil pressure

So I would definitely say a tensioner is broken. There were some parts in the pickup line but not blocking it. It is possible all these pieces in the bottom were clogging it until I drained the oil. Would love to hear if anyone believes they know which tensioner this is but I guess I can...
  11. W

No oil pressure

Thank you for the response. I will share back soon.
  12. W

No oil pressure

I have a 2003 Explorer with a 4.0L SOHC. When driving the other day it started running rough and died. It started back up and was still really rough and rattling heavy on the top. I noticed that I showed no oil pressure. The lack of oil pressure and heavy rattle has me believing this is not...
Back