Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2008 Ford Edge Limited - Died When Put In Reverse

First, I apologize if this is not the correct forum to ask this. When I got to work this morning, I put my Edge into reverse to back into my spot, and the engine suddenly died. I put into park, re-started the engine, it started back up fine, I backed into my spot and turned the engine off. What...
  2. R

AC ISSUES

Hi, I have a 2003 Escape V6, approx 180K miles, and my AC has started having issues staying cold. For example, I'll have it on Max AC, blower on high, and it'll be ice cold, and then suddenly the temp will change, and it's like it doesn't have the freon in it. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm...
  3. R

Heater Doesn't Stay Hot When Idling

My heat and AC has always worked perfectly fine since I purchased this truck, the V6 03 Escape, 130K. We've had some very cold weather the last few weeks especially, single digits, and so naturally, my trucks heat has started to not be very warm, regardless of what speed I have blower on, and...
  4. R

'03 Escape 6Cyl - Clogged Cat - Want to have removed.

No, I'm not missing any right now.
  5. R

Just as a little bit of background, I bought this truck off of someone and had no one that could look at it for me before I bought it. So far, I've replaced the alternator, ball joint on passenger side, had the cross brace for the lower control arm installed (Ford Recall), and most recently the...
  6. R

Thanks for all the input.. I went ahead and replaced the front exhaust manifold ($250 part only), and then got a Ford replacement muffler/tailpipe, to replace the one that my "mechanic" cut off. My truck obviously drives 100% better, but my gas mileage has went to ****! Why is this? Oh, and I no...
  7. R

Hi, I have an '03 Escape, my check engine light came on, so when I had it scanned, it's saying I have a clogged catalytic converter. It feels pretty hot on my passenger side when I'm standing outside the vehicle when it's idling, I've felt a loss of power here and there when driving it. Not all...
  8. R

Installing step bars on 98 Explorer

Found some really nice step bars for our Explorer, only thing is, they are for a Toyota Tacoma. I can get them for next to nothing, however, and they were ordered brand new and never used. Has anyone done something like this? Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks!!
Back