Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Clutch Fan Blade Replacement

You should be able to convert it over to the 2004-2005 type if you replace the clutch along with it. Here you go: More Information for SKP SK959904 New clutch: More Information for HAYDEN 2776 If you do want the original there appear to be a few on ebay. 2C5Z8600AA for sale | eBay I would...
  2. T

Front Bearings Keep Failing 2WD

That will do it and void the warranty. Dump the spacers and get these: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3984294 I've had no problems with them. The "best" ones available are supposedly SKF: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1840134 I'd question whether or not your ebay...
  3. T

Control arms

I'd contact RA and ask them to exchange it at their expense.
  4. T

Explorer feels extremely unsafe on slick roads

You're in the wrong forum section. 2015 is front wheel drive unless you have a AWD one. No longer the same vehicle at all, only by name.
  5. T

Squeaking and screeching rear suspension

It's usually when the control arms rubber bushings start slipping instead of flexing. You can use lube to stop the squeak temporarily but the only permanent solution is to replace the rubber bushings. Not worth it on a 21 year old vehicle with 251K miles to me. I just crank up the stereo to not...
  6. T

Rear tie rod/toe link question

Dorman was all there was to choose from back in 2016. RockAuto has a lot more options now. It's the exact same one I ordered for mine and it installed fine without any mods.
  7. T

Rear tie rod/toe link question

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6117045 These were not available back in 2016.
  8. T

No start no crank theft light I want to eliminate the pats system how do I do it

The part number you posted is incorrect. It is for a bypass for a aftermarket remote start system and is not needed for the vehicle to function with the proper key.
  9. T

Transfer Case fluid replace

I prefer to stick to using what was used when the vehicle was built to maintain the factory warranty at the time. Why would Ford care if you f*** up a out of warranty vehicle using some "new and improved" fluid? They may even want you to so you'll junk it and buy a new vehicle. Companies are...
  10. T

Ya both Valvoline and Castrol make a good "Dex/Merc"
  11. T

NO! Mercon LV is Mercon V and will kill the transfer case. Use only plain Mercon or the Transfer Case Fluid I posted already.
  12. T

OR https://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-and-transmission-fluid/transfer-case-fluid/p/valvoline-transfer-case-fluid-1-quart/548658_0_0...
  13. T

Hello! I'm Jenny. I have a 2003 XLT. I need HELP!

4th gen fits too and I know I've seen that one swapped over.
  14. T

Waterpump leak.

Then your heater valve is stuck open or someone removed it.
  15. T

Waterpump leak.

Then it could be the heater core as it would come out the same drain as the a/c. Can you smell antifreeze with the heat on? and don't give me any BS about the valve being off when the heat is off. The heater core is still pressurized by back-pressure from the non-valved return line.
  16. T

Waterpump leak.

Liquid from this area is usually from the A/C condensing water...
  17. T

Suggestions for moderately priced tires?

They would be a lot cheaper if you would go back to stock rim size or at least the 17's. (16's are cheapest). Falken is a decent brand, I've seen Stacy David use them. If you want a major brand that Good Year Eagle GT is only $9 more. I'd personally go with the Coopers Discount Tire | Tires...
  18. T

Do I need an alignment.

Shop around, I've seen alignments as low as $49.99 I would buy and install these first though. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7587280 You need 3 packages/pairs. One pair for each front and a single pair for both rear. Without these all the alignment shop will touch is your toe...
  19. T

How much does your rear end move down when you stand on the bumper? (Trying to diagnose harsh ride.)

You need to run all 4 tires at 35psi minimum on these vehicles. 3rd gen explorers ride like a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. They're stiff springs on purpose to prevent rollovers. Ford was extra cautions after all the 2nd gen law suits. If you want a smooth ride look into a aftermarket kit to replace your...
  20. T

Fatal mistake?

Did you check the PCV valve?
  21. T

PATS security 2005 explorer

It's been discussed in multiple threads in this forum. We really do need a stickied procedure on it.
  22. T

PATS security 2005 explorer

A lot of unnecessary work some something 15 minutes with a laptop would have solved... Also you forgot the door lock so now they're unmatched...
  23. T

Where Should I Get An Alignment Done?

Ya I'm considering going with a locally owned because they are actually cheaper than the chains at only $49.99. They advertise on the back of the local grocery store receipts and the local over the air channels.
Back