Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Excessive fast-idling

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer which is fast-idling all the time. I've performed the 11-step procedure many times without success. Any suggestions?
  2. J

Liftgate water leak

It's been awhile since I've logged on & I see that your post was dated April 26, 2019, so I'm just now replying. Did you ever find the source of the leak?
  3. J

Liftgate water leak

My 2002 V8 XLT has a liftgate water leak that I think is leaking at the seal. I got it in August 2015 and it's been leaking since then. When it rains the bottom of the seal is soaked and the little bit of carpet surrounding the catch is always wet and has rusted the catch. I don't see any other...
  4. J

What is the BEST transmission fluid for a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT???

Manuals are readily available online in pdf form. I just recently got another one.
  5. J

2002 Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 4X4 won’t start

So may I ask what you think of the OP's comment about having no flashing light or constant rapid flash? He says "there is no flashing light." I took it to mean that you thought perhaps my prior comment about it possibly being a PATS key problem wasn't correct. Is that what you were saying...
  6. J

I hate when that happens! I come on here for information only (tho' it often seems to annoy other participants). I guess I sometimes ask too many questions. But I do hate it when someone asks for help and then never reports back or answers a rather simple question. People are funny ....
  7. J

I also noted that comment by the OP but I'm not sure what it means. My 2002 Ex has the flashing anti-theft light that flashes all the time when it's not running. You say it doesn't appear to be a PATS related issue so I guess that means it wouldn't be a key-related issue as per my key-related...
  8. J

You haven't answered my question (above) Also, I note you said: The key was tested by a locksmith and he said it was fine. I'm working on the key problem at the moment and I see this (from ebay) - The first type of electronic key utilized what is known as SecuriLock, or the Passive Anti-Theft...
  9. J

Resurrecting the PATS Key Copying Debate

Well, you didn't really answer my question. You just assumed that they were talking about two keys. But that's pretty clearly not what they said. There's no mention of 2 keys in there at all. You just seem to want to disagree with me, as your reply to me here evidences.
  10. J

Not exactly sure if that's true. If you have 2 original keys and make a 3rd key using those 2 original keys, is the 3rd key "unique from all the other, key" as you said? Meaning could you use it (the 3rd key) to program more keys? If you know. If you don't know, that's cool. I don't know myself.
  11. J

Okay, I'll ask a specific question. How did you get from the link I posted to the "vendor info" that it's specific to having two existing keys?
  12. J

Now, THAT is clear and understandable. What these other guys are talking about is neither clear nor understandable. I understand about programmable keys and cloned keys. You need 2 programmable keys to program another key and clone keys cannot be used to program other keys unless (according to...
  13. J

Not at all sure what you mean. Do you know? BTW, it seems that iproproducts is saying that all you have to do is buy a key from them - https://www.ebay.com/gds/Programming-A-New-Car-Key-/10000000178245604/g.html They say: Simply have the key cut at your local automotive locksmith, then...
  14. J

I took "unique" to mean unique to the vehicle, not to each other. In any event, I think I understand it now. But none of that answers my 2 questions: 1) Exactly how can the OP clone a key. It doesn't seem that Walmart or Lowes or other key cutters can clone a key, and any locksmith would...
  15. J

Not exactly. But I've done some investigation about Forscan so I already knew about deleting keys out of the computer (the PCM) when you're using the Forscan procedure. Now, it appears that you are saying that EACH of the 2 keys supplied with the vehicle have unique codes; meaning that that...
  16. J

...but a cloned key will match the first key so the computer won't allow a new key to be programmed. What does that mean?? What is the "first key"? What is the "new key"? You need to clarify exactly what it is that you mean.
  17. J

swshawaii - Your ebay link is very confusing. It says: A programmed key has a "digital signature" that is used to uniquely identify that key for your vehicle. 2 programmed keys have 2 unique "digital signatures". (DUH!) A cloned key is a key that is made by copying the exact same "digital...
  18. J

Well, first things first (cuz you don't say) Does it turn over? (i.e., "crank")
  19. J

Exactly. :rolleyes:
  20. J

I'm not at all familiar with Forscan but as far as I know you need 2 keys to program any more keys: Here's How You Program a PATS Key Yourself 1. Start with your two original keys. If you only have one, you can't program the keys yourself. 2. Next, you'll need a new PATS key that has been cut...
  21. J

Running Rough / Shaking / No Codes

See my "Fast Idle" post that I recently updated - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/fast-idle.464322/#post-3653718 You should try doing the 11-step procedure to clear the PCM that I linked as well as the other procedures mentioned in that post to include cleaning the MAF.
  22. J

Infamous Door Ajar

@ Number4 - Do you (or anyone) know what color the driver's door wire is? I still have that "door ajar" problem and I'd really like to fix it. I know the ground wires are black, but I'd like to know what color the "door ajar" wire is.
  23. J

Infamous Door Ajar

See my post here - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/door-ajar-problem.441928/#post-3514099
  24. J

RPM's jumping

See my "Fast Idle" post that I just updated. You should try doing the 11-step procedure to clear the PCM that I linked.
  25. J

Fast idle

Just to update things, I now have 256 miles on it (don't use it much) and everything is fine other than it idles rough when I first start it and sometimes also when I'm driving it. But no fast idle once it warms up and no powertrain clunk anymore.
Back