Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Things to do to increase MPG

I have been driving for over 70 years (over 3 Million miles) and have a complete set of logs for any vehicle I have ever driven, even client vehicles, be it auto, truck, transport, highway coaches or construction equipment, etc.. I have set proceedure I go thru before I get in the vehicle the...
  2. S

Things to do to increase MPG

Find a garage with a Complete MotorVac Fuel System Cleaning Centre Machine. This is the best investmrent you can make when it comes to fuel milage. Cost about $100.00 here Canada. Uses a machine to clean fuel system, injectors, valves etc. I have used it for years best investment in Maintenance...
  3. S

Cruise control button delete

Same on our Ford Flex I use feel but I find the dim light makes it easier. I drive with interior lights, dash etc very dimmed and drive with the speed control only no gas pedal, brake foot just off the brake pedal so when I want the right button a little light helps. When you drive from dust to...
  4. S

Cruise control button delete

They all light up but the bulbs are usually on a short life. I drive mostly at night, long trips and have changed the switches often. It is easier than feeling around to change settings especially speed settings. Use the speed control 100 % of the time on the highways, have not had a vehicle...
  5. S

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Well it took over 6 months on and off but the old girl has been back on the road for about 40 days. I replaced the gussets & reinforcing brackets along with all the metal parts of the body mounts, both frame and cab while we were at it. Body mounts were replaced 2 years ago. Then I cleaned the...
  6. S

Replace P/S rack and pump, steering wheel turns violently on its own???

You have the pressure line and return line reversed. Pressure line is to be closes to the ground in other words the bottom connection. Return line in the upper position. top closest to the yoke..
  7. S

Well finely found my parts pics show old and reconditioned replacements cleaned up and three coats epoxy finished on the week end. Will install soon. Thank to everyone who tried with leads, I was able to find them off a low milage 2001 ST stored in a garage after the Transmission blow up. 105000...
  8. S

There should be thousands around but the people I talk to say it is to hard a Job, but it is a fairly easy job just drop the fuel tank and remove 4 bolts in one and 6 bolts in the other all from the bottom. Jack up a little, only need enough room to slide the fuel tank out. Took me less than an...
  9. S

Rebuilding the steering rack this weekend, having overhauled the steering hydralics last week end. Just need frame parts so I can put her back on the road.
  10. S

The parts I am looking for are the same on the 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. and 2005 this is according to Fords parts manuals. So who is parting any of these models??????? see pic above. Part # 1L5Z-5135-AA Reinforcement Bracket and Part # 2L2Z-5031-AA Gusset
  11. S

Yes searching by part # but no way to post on the generic menu for most salvage groups. Have been using part identification number stamped on parts and direct email with yards along with pics. Was going to contact White Bear but have not so far. Will try to-day Thanks for the suggestions, I...
  12. S

Well bomb out again seems to be no parts even in the yards.
  13. S

Thanks may have a lead will know in a couple of days. This has been a long search.
  14. S

Replacement hardware for bed extender?

Here sorry dog used it as toy they are available at Ford dealers but have 150.00 plus. Thats why I have not replaced mine.
  15. S

Help me identify evap service port?

Look under your battery tray remove battery and tray much easier to get at.
  16. S

Here are the actual pics of the 2 parts I need they are from the drivers side 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 built 20/09/2000. They are located on the frame at the front leaf spring bracket, bolted on, reinforcement bracket fastens to the rear cab crossmember and the gusset right next to it fastened to the...
  17. S

Wanted Frame parts

Pics for above comment
  18. S

Wanted Frame parts

Had no replies yet and travelled to pick up parts I found on internet but when I got there they were worst than mine a big waste of time and a great let down. Still looking will give it another few weeks if parts can't be found will scrap the old girl. Here are the actual pics of the 2 parts I...
  19. S

Comment by 'Sport100' in media 'IMG_5076'

Need this part Reinforcement for 2001 Sport trac built 20/09/2000 holds gas tank strap located the front bracket of rear leaf spring 4 bolts bottom 2 at top on rear cab crossmember.
  20. S

Comment by 'Sport100' in media 'IMG_5074'

Sport Trac 2001 built 20/09/2000 This is what it looks like. Looking for a replacement. Located next to the reinforcement bracket DS held with 4 bolts 2 top fastened to front box crossmember 2 to the frame bottom. need both parts or we will have to scrap the old girl.
  21. S

Comment by 'Sport100' in media 'IMG_5075'

this is what the gusset next to the reinforcement should look like see next pic
  22. IMG_5074

IMG_5074

DS Gusset rusted out fastened to front cargo box crossmember 2 bolts and bottom frame rail 2 bolts
  23. IMG_5075

IMG_5075

PS this is what the drivers side should look like
  24. IMG_5076

IMG_5076

DS Reinforcement located at front rear leaf spring bracket fastened to the rear cab crossmember and bottom rail of frame 2 bolts at top & 4 bolts at bottom (also hold leaf spring bracket)
Back