Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Engine stalled: "Low oil pressure"

experience this last time i was refueling with the engine running. low pressure warning then it went to Limp mode. so i turn off then start again, its back to normal. i dont know if the gas pressure is associated with this as the gas tank is open and engine is running. i checked the oil level...
  2. D

Recommend PSI for 2017 Sport

just want to add: i'm running 36psi front and 34 rear on my 265/50/R20, best feel on the road for me
  3. D

Everyone here should thank PeterK9 for his work on this forum!

:chug::thumbsup: Agreed... thanks peter:salute:
  4. D

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

there was an old TSB related to this i believe, early last year ford dealer performed some repairs on mine like modifying the exhaust tip to point downward and some resealing stuff (foamlike), i could say the smells was reduce but not completely gone. hope they found new solution to this issue
  5. D

Battery Recommendation?

i need to replace my battery pretty soon. what is the group size, amp and CCA? my present battery has 75ah 700CCA, i'm not concern about the CCA much bec of the hot weather here and the coolest temp is only 15C. i'm wondering if i can go up to let say 80-90 ah? is the heavy duty alternator ok...
  6. D

Removing battery for trickle charge

I do not have garage and access to any electric plug. I want to trickle charge my battery but wondering if its ok to remove it from the vehicle for let say over night. Is there any precaution or problem should i expect when leaving the explorer without battery for long period of time? Thank you
  7. D

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

"honk on double lock press and flash turn signals once upon unlock press" this was default settings ( i guess) and these remote function was not listed on the BCM menu options on forscan. maybe i'm wrong but i'm using the latest version of forscan :confused:
  8. D

I was able to change the value on BCM to 0148 and IPC to C8F3 as mentioned on previous post. However I’m figuring out why the remote I’ve purchased on ebay doesn’t work though I’m able to program it, lock and unlock works fine but panic doesn't it only lock the door. Remote start did not work as...
  9. D

@billyfromhill where did you go to change the setting of car feedback, for example i want to add horn when i unlock the car using remote. i have the default press twice lock button car will horn once if all the doors are properly close if one is not close it will chirp twice.
  10. D

Upgrading your old Explorer keys to something nicer

@Rainlord i purchased new chip from local locksmith and replaced the chip on the flip key, programmed and walaaa no annoying message :)
  11. D

thats what i though when i first saw it. maybe because its for focus/fiesta. is the blade of the 4 button flip key fit on the 4+1 with remote start?
  12. D

@Rainlord i think the blade is too tin, are the same design and size of the one we bought? can blade be interchange?
  13. D

yes i will let you know in case i found solution to that annoyance. can you send me the link for that flip keyfob with remote start, mine was 433mhz, 'ill check it out. thanks
  14. D

i got the key and able to programmed it, ignition and remote are working fine, but every time i start the car it says "could not program key" so, i've checked the PATS counter and the new key was added. its a bit annoying. I left another keyfob inside the car just in case. @Rainlord have you...
  15. D

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

cant find 4 buttons with remote start on ebay that can deliver on my current location, they all 5 buttons.
  16. D

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

need advise, i want to try the remote start feature, i have 3 buttons remote without power lift gate. if i buy 5 buttons with remote start and lift gate, it will program?
  17. D

Anyone using magnetic drain plugs?

im doing it on the filter not on drain plug. i used a powerful magnet so they can stick strong on the bottom.
  18. D

thanks @Rainlord i emailed the seller where you bought yours and he replied that they have both frequency. so i will order the 433mhz very soon, but you mentioned on your first post they were $20 each? they are now $40 each free shipping in my area.
  19. D

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

@ProjectSHO89 this is what i'm looking for, i bought used 2012 XLT comes only with 2 IKT fob with 3 buttons but on the system its says it has 5 admin keys. can you advise detailed instructions on how to reset and reprogram the existing IKT. i dont want to mess around as it out of warranty...
  20. D

interesting thanks for sharing @Rainlord i would like to buy additonal keys like those and my question is your Ex has 315mhz since i have import EX mine was 433mhz frequency. and i think i exceeded the max number of keyfob program on the car but actually i only have 2 right now the rest are lost...
  21. D

Oil Leaking...

i'm not sure if the lower control arm has oil in them but mine was replace from dealer when i reported oil covering the bottom part.
  22. D

Liftgate Trim Removal - Help?

@BradleyFord mine was still holding strong, some faded lines but isn't noticeable. i am restoring it by applying some plastic treatment like armorall or black to black
  23. D

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

i'm interested on how to access key programmed for my ex using forscan, i'm using it for while now but i never encounter such features, is there a video or step by step instruction on this, thanks
  24. D

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

Intermittent airbag warning - it's back! The last time I remember it was happened long time ago and its back again few days ago, so I scan using forscan and found the following: Code: B0061 – Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor Fault symptom: Circuit open Module: OCS Code: B00A0 – Occupant...
  25. D

Bambi mode for 2014 Explorer Sport - FORscan

@omar302 my ex as built format is BdyCM 726-1101-0301-0000-43 i want my fog to stay on with highbeam.
Back