Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Time for tires

Replaced the Hankooks with Michelin Defenders at 32k and very happy with the Michelins. They are definitely going to last much much longer and the ride/drive is just as good as the OEM. I really liked the Hankooks until the last 10k.
  2. F

Highest Mileage 5th Generation Explorer

2016 Sport, 32k enjoyable miles. Replaced A/C pressure switch under warranty but had to pay for a new SIM card for the navigation. About ready to ditch the worn out Hankooks.
  3. F

Purpose of these black rubber things inside the doors?

Thanks guys. The drain makes sense and now I can kinda see how they would act as a check valve. Which makes me think the orientation may make a difference.
  4. F

Purpose of these black rubber things inside the doors?

Although I've lost one of these from the center of the rear hatch, I've always wondered what purpose they serve. Anybody know for sure? I'm not speaking of the "stop", but the small black flap looking piece.
  5. F

Front Engine Cover Oil Leak on Explorer Sport

Good to hear the warranty is taking care of you.
  6. F

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

We have 25k on our 2016 and will be lucky to get 35k out of the Hankooks, I expect to end up replacing them at 30. I've rotated them every 5k and run 35psi. Pretty sure I wont go back with Hankooks.
  7. F

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Maybe I should have browsed the threads before posting mine, looks like a lot of discussion about the Hankooks in here.
  8. F

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Wondering how everyone feels about the Hankooks if you have them on your Explorer? We just crossed the 20k mile mark and I rotated them today, it looks like they're wearing rather quickly but they still seem quiet and feel okay.
  9. F

Thule or Yakima Hitch bike rack

We have the Thule hitch mount and love it. Quality unit. Only thing the wife dislikes is not knowing how to disable the backup alarm when the bike rack is attached.
  10. F

AC not blowing cold

Glad you're getting taken care of. Our Sport stopped blowing cold air and it turned out to be a pressure switch, replaced under warranty also.
  11. F

looking for honest opinions on 5th Gen Ex

There are only 2 things I dislike about our 2017 Sport, the drivers side leg room, especially the left leg, and the horridly inconsistent body panel lines. One side has a huge crack while the other side is small. Other than that, our Sport is a real pleasure to drive with loads of power.
  12. F

First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer

Thanks for the replies and information, I suppose it is good insurance considering the rates at the shops. 613GT500, I must have forgotten or am confused, for some reason I had it in my mind that you only had a year from purchase to extend the warranty but maybe that was a caveat that came...
  13. F

First warranty repair, A/C pressure tranducer

Been a while since checking in at this place but the 2016 Sport is at 10k now and we're still enjoying it very much. During the recent heat wave, the bride calls and says the a/c is blowing hot air. Although it started working the next day, we called the dealer and they said to bring it in. The...
  14. F

X Plan pricing

We used the x-plan when we bought our 16 and there was no negotiation. Everything that I ask for was refused.
  15. F

Oil Change interval

I love oil threads. As an active participant in several different vehicle forums, the oil threads are always similar to a political or religious conversation. It would be nice to see all of the variables in the algorithm and how they're calculated but I'm sure that Ford has used ample research...
  16. F

Oil Change interval

Our new Sport (2016) has a recommended change interval of 7500 under normal driving conditions. But I'm with you johnnnyo, I think that I'll settle for 5000 intervals. I wonder why the first oil change is no longer recommended at ~1000 mark and "break-in" isnt mentioned at all on the new vehicles?
  17. F

New owners!

Welcome and nice vehicle! I concur with point #3 and mentioned it in my first review. Super nice vehicle though, we're really enjoying the "wife's vehicle"...
  18. F

Out with the 13 in with a 16!

Nice! hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy our 16
  19. F

Platinum arrived scratched

Correct you are. We refused one from our local dealership b/c of paint issue. They were of the opinion that it happened during transport and an attempt to repair was made before it made it to the dealership.
  20. F

Need advice on new Sport Purchase

Considering our new 2016 Sport, I dont see how you could be disappointed.
  21. F

I finally joined the Explorer owner group!

Nice. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.
  22. F

2016 Sport review after 1300 miles

This worked. Thanks for the tip Sgt1411.
  23. F

I'm glad I complained! I'll definitely give this a try and report back. We gave up b/c when you check to see the compatible phones it only list the iPhone 5 or 5s, I cant remember which one, so we just gave up trying.
  24. F

I'll give my version of a short review after owning this vehicle long enough to drive it around town and also a 600 mile trip. To preface the summary, this thing is an absolute pleasure to drive. I cant believe how smooth and responsive it is considering its size. This thing is NOT under...
Back