Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. z3roz

Wanted OEM 20X8.5 POLISHED WTT FOR SPLIT 5 STAR OEM

If anyone is in Florida that wants to trade me wheels, hit me up. I have the 20x8.5 polished Limited wheels and I am looking for the 20x8.5 silver split 5 star wheels. My wheels have some minor curb rash. They are from 2012 and in excellent condition. Thanks!
  2. z3roz

New led turn bulbs now fast flash (hyper flash)

You won't get hyperflash if you get a higher wattage LED bulb. I have 9 watt rears and 9 watt fronts and no hyperflash, whether lights are on or not. The stupid rear cargo light on the other hand, has a mind of it's own...
  3. z3roz

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

eBay. There is (maybe was) a guy selling them for a 2015 Ford Explorer and I made a couple of best offers. He contacted me and said he could do it through paypal for cheaper. I agreed since paypal has better protection than ebay anyway and he sent me an invoice. Items were brand new...
  4. z3roz

A pic would help, but I finally got some help from Invision when I called. Emails weren't working. After hours of fiddling around and taking apart half of my center console, they said "the instructions say just put it under the carpet under the drivers seat." I ended up putting it in the...
  5. z3roz

I'm trying to put the factory Invision DVD headrests in my Explorer but I have no idea where the control box is supposed to be mounted. I can't believe the entire center console has to be removed but I have about 50% of it removed now and I still don't see where to put the control box. It's...
  6. z3roz

For Sale Four OEM Nav SD Cards (A3, A4 x 2, A1)

I have 4 MFT Navigation SD cards for sale with the following part numbers: BT4T-19H448-AE USA/CAN (A1) - $3 shipped CT4T-19H449-AB USA/CAN (A3) - $11 shipped DM5T-19H449-AA USA/CAN (A4) - $13 shipped DM5T-19H449-AA USA/CAN (A4) - $13 shipped Potentially available within 24 hrs (if I win my...
  7. z3roz

2011 and up all weather mats MAXLINER/HUSKY

Still have them? I have an explorer with the second row buckets and console.
  8. z3roz

3RD Row Power Fold Switch

That seems logical. Dunno if it's worth the $$$ to test it out.
  9. z3roz

So no one has tried this?
  10. z3roz

Which year did they add the illuminated switch for the third row power fold, and if I buy one for a later year will it work in my 2012 Limited? There is one on eBay from a 2014 Explorer that looks like the switches are recessed too, which I like. Thanks!
  11. z3roz

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

No solution yet. The bulb has a resistor on each lead stock. Not sure why. I put an additional resistor on each 2nd row light and the 3rd row started acting like it did before the LED swap. I just have it off for now and turn it on when I am back there.
  12. z3roz

Here's a new one. I soldered a new LED to the 3rd cargo light board, and it lights up fine when the button is pressed, but doesn't light up when the doors are opened. Seriously wtf? No blown fuses, polarity correct, etc.
  13. z3roz

I've just started having this problem with both puddle lights in my wife's Edge. They were $9/pr so it isn't worth it to warranty them since they want me to send them back before they replace them. My Exp has the same bulbs and they are working as they should.
  14. z3roz

I used 7 watt LEDs for the rear and no hyperflash. I would assume that if 7 watt LEDs are used for the front, then same same, no hyper flash. They weren't cheap though. Cost me over $30 for the rears. Totally worth it though.
  15. z3roz

Just FYI in case anyone with a 2011 or 2012 hadn't tried it; the reverse and turn signal bulbs can be swapped. Now I have red LED turn signals where my reverse lights used to be and my reverse light where the turn signal was, also LED. Now there is no issue with washout and imo it looks way...
  16. z3roz

Wheel Size/Clearance - 2012 EXP Limited 4WD

Discount tire told me it was +40. Now I am thinking of doing a +45 in a 22 or 24" wheel 10 or 10.5" wide. I agree that +15 is too much of a difference and not worth the tradeoff.
  17. z3roz

My third row light has a mind of its own as well. Comes on whenever, stays off for a few days, then comes on again, repeat. My bulbs from JDM ASTAR have resistors on both leads so idk what the deal is. I might just send off the light to get the LED swapped from Daytime Bright Lights. I took...
  18. z3roz

Turns out the offset is 40mm, not 39. Not a very big difference but still. The local tire shop told me that a wheel with a +15mm offset that is 9" wide will bring the wheels/tires flush with the fender.
  19. z3roz

No the Edge sport wheels/tires. They are 265/40/22 OEM.
  20. z3roz

That was a typo. The wheel comparison tool over on rimsntires.com says the wheel/tire package will stick out 1.1" farther than the OEM wheel/tire package. They will also fill out the wheel well a mere 4mm more. It's the 1.1" I am worried about. I put a tape measure against the wheel and...
  21. z3roz

Hmmm. The trouble is that these wheels will be mail order so once I receive them I'm stuck with them if it doesn't work out. When I use a tire configuration tool it shows that the combo will indeed stick out almost 0.5" than what is there now. I guess I'll have to go down to America's Tire to...
  22. z3roz

By the way the backspace is 5.54." The only reason I am getting wheels is that my tires on the Exp are needing replacement and I have tires from a previous car that are practically new, so either way I am going to spend the ~$800.
  23. z3roz

I'm looking at getting 22x9.5 +15 wheels for my EXP. The rear will be fine for clearance but I'm concerned about the front. The wheel comparison tool says my new wheels will stick out 1" further than stock (due to the +15 instead of +39 OEM). I will be running 265/35/22 tires until they run...
Back