Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

P0171, P0174 codes

Another update.....a couple weekends go I pulled the intake and replaced the HP fuel sensor, along with the all the O-rings on the intake manifold. and cleaned the TB and intake. I also checked the intake valves to see ow much carbon buildup they had, suprisely 5 of the were not in bad shape...
  2. M

P0171, P0174 codes

So an update on my progress...which is none. The dealer replaced the Intake tube (which I had repaired). the Tech said everything was in spec. It wasn't, the LTFT was still in the high 20's and a couple days later the light was back on. It went back and my wife waited on it while they continued...
  3. M

P0171, P0174 codes

I was able to use a hose clamp and and reclamp it for testing and there was no change in any readings, so I threw in the towel and took it to the dealer. They said there was a crack in the intake tube to the rear turbo so that is geting replaced. Hopefully that solves it.
  4. M

P0171, P0174 codes

So I pulled off the intake tube to the front turbo because I was getting some smoke from the turbo area when I did my smoke test, and found the the molded plastic "clamp" the joins the rubber boot that clamps to the turbo intake to the plastic tube cracked. I'm not confident that a leak...
  5. M

P0171, P0174 codes

It does seem to decrease over time while it is being driven, and goes up while it is idling. While it is idling it will slowing climb to 29% and after a day or 2 of driving it will come back down to about 15-20%. I did the H6 test posted below to check for changes in the fuel trims. During the...
  6. M

P0171, P0174 codes

I was graphing and watching the STFT's while I was spraying and nothing changed between spraying and not spraying.
  7. M

P0171, P0174 codes

My homemade smoke machine does use an air compressor to push the smoke in, but it is regulated pretty low, only a few PSI Also forgot to mention I sprayed down the the intake manifold and the throttle body and never heard a change in the engine nor saw any change in STFT's
  8. M

P0171, P0174 codes

I have a lean condition that has me stumped. As the title says I have 2014 Explorer Sport, no modifications that has been setting a P0171 with a pending P0174. Ignore all the other codes....they were set while I was doing testing. Only drivability issue that I have is low gas milage, about...
  9. M

2013 Explorer Strut Compatibility

Bumping this to confirm as well that KYB 335621 and 335622 struts fit and ride great on a 2014 Sport. Not sure what the differences were from 2012 to 2013, but they are insignificant.
  10. M

Adding a terrain management switch to an explorer that does not have one?

Terrain Management only comes on the 4wd models, you cant get terrain management without 4wd.
  11. M

HELP! New TPMS training on 2016 Explorer

Actually Pre-2016 can read individual tire pressures. The instrument cluster just doesn't display them. They can be read in Forscan and in Torque Pro. If you want to read them that way you will need to keep their positions updated. On my 2014 Sport with Push Button Start I have to use the brake...
  12. M

Trip 1 & 2 Displays

Nope, Ford got rid of it sometime between 2013 and 14. I have searched and search and have not found anything in Forscan to re-add it. Also miss the ability to pause the run timer. Also got rid of the courtesy wipe in reverse option and the climate control in the right IPC.
  13. M

MFT Update V3.10

OK, just to verify the 3.10 update that is posted in post #26 keeps the VHR and 911 assist? I'm not as worried about the VHR but I do want to keep 911.
  14. M

Interior Door panel issue / separation

That service action just showed up on my Sport, so I'm going to wait on ordering a replacement panel. Are these Field Service Actions done free of charge? I am out of warranty and have the ESP, but I know that trim is not covered by the ESP.
  15. M

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Unfortunately I believe both of these edits only work for 2016 and up. Even though I have MS OBD reader, and power fold mirrors, the DDM and PDM modules do not exist. The Climate Control option in the IPC, line 720-05-01 does not exist and 720-02-01 4D85 BC50 1E26 only allows 2 digits in the...
  16. M

No luck. I'm still looking for a way to turn the Enhanced trip data option back on, auto fold the side mirrors when shutting off the car, and turning off hyper flash so i can get rid of my resistors. But I don't have much spare time to do the as built data comparisons to find the differences.
  17. M

Thanks, I actually discovered that it got turned off when I made some changes in the IPC module in an attempt to turn on the climate control in the right screen. I reset the values to stock and the compass came back in the Nav menu and by the temp.
  18. M

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

Im in St. Louis, so only about 400' in elevation. I'll have to defiantly run it again with less gas and 93 octane, but almost a full second still seems to be alot to make up.
  19. M

The times I was talking about are ones listed in this thread and a couple of others with people using the same or similar app, so they seem to be real world-ish, unless people are exaggerating there 0 to 60 like they do their gas milage. The amount of gas I would think would affect the time...
  20. M

Those are the menu selections that are available on mine, but I am talking about the bottom of the screen where the time and temp are.
  21. M

So resurrecting a old thread here.... I have been reading about all the high 5's/low 6 0 to 60 times people are reporting with their stock X Sports. Using Dash Command the best I could muster was 6.7, but most of the time it would run low 7's .This was level road and about 55 degrees with a full...
  22. M

Just a quick question, can anybody with a 13-15 Explorer tell me if the compass heading shows up next to the temp display in the right instrument screen. Mine is not there and I know it was on my '12. Not sure if it got turned off with some other change I made.
  23. M

If it was equipped with Nav but was only missing the SD card the upper right corner would say "Insert SD Card" instead of "Navigation" or "Information".
  24. M

Also I can confirm that enabling Fog with Highbeams on a 2014. BCM 726-11-01 xxx2 xxxx xx Enables 726-11-01 xxx1 xxxx xx Disables Also Enabling the Equalizer on a 2014 Sport with Sony HD Radio works from this spreadsheet...
  25. M

I tried this on my 14 Sport w/Nav. and the 720-05-01 line does not exist. It stops at 720-04.
Back