Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. hilhi2005

New member 18/F soon to be owner of an explorer

You could get a wider tire, or get some new wheels with a different offset which would allow you to shift the tires out some.
  2. hilhi2005

Black Head Lights 02-05 X

So this might be a dumb question, but can you get clear corners with the black head lights?
  3. hilhi2005

Show Off Your MOUNTY!

Here is mine, back in Aug, most recent pic's. All stock, but I still love it.
  4. hilhi2005

Just Got A Explorer

Congrats on getting an Explorer. Sounds like you got a great deal on it to.
  5. hilhi2005

and they said it couldnt be done

19 y/o and I am on my 4th vehicle, with this one being completly paid for by myself, (car payment, insurance at $320 a month, and gas), I am a full time student for the University of the Army, getting LVN training.
  6. hilhi2005

'07 Sport Trac,,,

Nice looking truck, rims look great.
  7. hilhi2005

Need Photoshop Help!

love those rims, and the colors.
  8. hilhi2005

ExplorerSport77's X "Hotness"

Very nice, and very clean. Nice job.
  9. hilhi2005

Check out these Explorers......LOL

My thought was this, you see all those ricers driving around with all those bumper stickers on them, who knows, maby they think those stickers make it faster.
  10. hilhi2005

CAUGHT! Early prototype LTW (Lightweight) Cobra Explorer!

Personally I think it looks like some ailens interpretation of the "SUV" and they planted it there to gather intellegence.
  11. hilhi2005

Rolled my Explorer today

Glad to see that your ok, sounds really nasty. However, the condition of the passenger compartment further proves to me that safety is found in full steel frames, not econo boxes with air-bags.
  12. hilhi2005

saw a Hummer H3

I saw one of those, rather funny looking, since they tried to keep the porportions the same, so the windows are really small.
  13. hilhi2005

Kill List

Kills? I couldnt count, but I know that I beat many punk kids in there little POS Honda or Acura that had coffe cans on them of the line with my stock 97 Exploer. Same thing happens with my Mark VIII, every one thinks its some granny car....except that it has a 280 hp V8. I also have a...
  14. hilhi2005

Show X In The Making

Great looking X!! very sleek.
  15. hilhi2005

Farrari as jackstand?

Well, hopefully, he had underinsured motorest coverage, I mean, you would have to with that car, almost no one has that much coverage. Then, the insurance company can deal with it, rather than that poor guy that owned that beautiful car. Such a shame, was such a nice car.
  16. hilhi2005

Places to mount more lights for a street Explorer?

I dont know much about lighting, but if you want black light, and they all say for indoor use only, couldnt you mount them on the inside of the doors? That might be cool, some how get them to come on when the door opens. I dont even know if you could do it, but, its an idea.
  17. hilhi2005

Cleaning inside auto glass

Thanks for the heads up. I too have seen them on TV, but just passed it off as the same old stuff that is always on TV, now that I know it works, might have to look in to getting one. Never can get the glass as clean as I would like.
  18. hilhi2005

Not sure if an explorer is for me....

I am 6'5 and know exactly what you are talking about, being this tall can make it difficult to get in and out of almost any car. When I finally sat in the expolrer, I loved it because it had enough leg and head room. I would also not recomend the Durango, as it gets even worse gas milage, with...
  19. hilhi2005

I love high school (Explorer related)

I was under the impression that they had to cover if it was there fault, regaurdless of what kind of coverage you have. Buying the parts and installing them your self is definaly the better way to go, I would even do it my self if they gave me more money. On a side note, those people in...
  20. hilhi2005

Not sure if an explorer is for me....

Not that the Explorer isnt a great truck, but with that many miles a year, just be ready for the cost of gas, otherwise it is a great truck.
  21. hilhi2005

95 in a 55

My question would be, how did the cop search your car, don't they need your permission first? If they don't get it don't they need a warrent. If he was making your life heck, dont make his easier by giving him permission. If you have a good lawyer I would think you could get the charges...
  22. hilhi2005

My Car's sound system sounds worse than my clock radio

I have the same problem, but figured out that it is the Amp. Do you know about how much the Amp is, or what its specs are, so that I could look at an aftermarket one?
  23. hilhi2005

sons first car

Phil, I would get all of the fluids changed, have the belts and hoses checked/replaced, and check/replace the spark plugs, you never know what the preivous owner did, or when. I also resent being called spoiled just because my parents baught my X for me, I take exclent care of it.
  24. hilhi2005

a ford saves a chevy

Reminds me of that ford commerical where the chevy truck is trying to launch a boat, but just keeps going in to the water. Then a Ford pulls up and pulls both the truck and boat out. Yup, Sinks... "Like a Rock!" :D
  25. hilhi2005

No Bass

Thanks, I'll try that.
Back