Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

289 HiPo Exhaust Manifolds???

Don, it looks like you've been doing some planning. Wish I could do what your doing, but I'd have a big mess. If you get this worked out, do you think that you would make up some sets? I wish I lived close so I could watch you put this together.
  2. S

Centaurus 5.0, your right, they look very close. Do you have any more info on these manifolds? Lopo's??? Where would I purchase them? I have the P heads, so again I'm out of luck. Don't you agree that there isn't much to be done in the way of performance until I have headers?
  3. S

boominXplore, I appreciate your help. Like I told Don, looks impossible now.
  4. S

Don, thanks for the info. Looks like there is no hope anymore.
  5. S

Hey guys, since it doesn't appear that OBX or Torque Monster are available anymore, would the Scott Drake 289 HiPo exhaust manifolds physically bolt to my 2001 Explorer 5.0? I realize that the H pipes and exhaust will have to be remade to connect to the new manifolds. Do you...
  6. S

Are we still without headers for the 5.0 Explorers

Guys, what worries me is what I mentioned in a different thread. On 4-24-17 I seen an ad by OBX on Amazon stating they had them in stock for $640.00. I ordered a set and after taking the money, I received an email from OBX customer service that they were out, none available, and they didn't know...
  7. S

Torque Monster headers making comeback ???

Any updates on this? Does this really mean that we will be able to finally purchase a set??
  8. S

OBX headers gone from ebay

Well, yesterday I ordered a set of OBX for my 2001 ex 5.0 directly from OBX on Amazon. They said that they were in stock and took my money from my card. Today, I received an email from OBX customer service saying they were no longer available and probably wouldn't be in the future. I'm waiting...
  9. S

How to: Carb on explorer 5.0

If you have no computer, what about the trans? Isn't it computer controlled?
  10. S

Are we still without headers for the 5.0 Explorers

I have been following anything I could find about headers being built by OBX or anyone. I've heard about the group buys, but not sure how to get involved with them. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
  11. S

Hey guys, would this be a problem?

Don, I appreciate your help. Thanks.
  12. S

Really appreciate the help. Thank you.
  13. S

I have a 2001 ex 5.0 that I think is getting weak on the lower end, {bearings}. I also have a great 98 ex 5.0 and was wondering if I could use the 98 short block and heads, then use the 2001 intake, injectors, etc. to make it work. Then bolt it into the 2001 ex...
  14. S

This stupid tach.

Guys, would I be ok to pick up a tach signal from the tan/yellow wire on the back of the gauge cluster? I noticed that if you look careful it says tach right on the printed circuit board.I'm thinking that if I cut the tan/yellow wire and install the green wire that I will be ok. Please help.
  15. S

98 heater tubes?? 5.0

Have any of you guys had a leak at the metal heater tubes that lead from the firewall to the front of the engine along the right valve cover. I have tried to find a replacement with no luck. I have stripped the large fitting that threads into the intake from two different salvage yard engines...
  16. S

Darn fuel lines

I.m not getting the point across. I have a 98 ex sport. I also have a 2001ex 4 dr., I am trying to install the 2001 5.0 motor into my sport. Is it simpler to prep the 98 so it is returnless, or prep the motor so it is a return system? Also, what parts do I need to make the 98 returnless, or the...
  17. S

Guys, I really need help here.Fuel problem.

return/returnless fuel lines Installing a 2001 5.0 in my 98 Sport could someone tell me what parts I will need for the engine so it will have a " Return Fuel System "? I understand the 98 Sport has a 28lb fuel system, while the 2001 carried 59lbs pressure. I could make the Sport a " returnless...
  18. S

Guys, I really need help here.Fuel problem.

I really need some professional help/advise. I have my 98 Sport tore down for a 2001 5.0 motor. I know that my Sport has the return fuel system and the 2001 motor is set up for a returnless system. What needs to be done to the 5.0 to make it a return system? Or how do I make the Sport a...
  19. S

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I'm Ready for this to happen. Shane Gilbert, 918-841-8891, okcpropertymanager yahoo.com
  20. S

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

Nice headers Do you think they will fit my 98 with P heads?
  21. S

Can't win!!!

Huh? We we're talking about a 4R700W behind a 5.0 that's going into my 98 Sport.
Back