Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Gonna sell my EX.

2002 Limited 4.0 4WD. Original owner. It has 73K miles on it and it's an Arizona car. NADA says Clean trade in $4,100. Clean Retail $6,075 Are these numbers realistic?
  2. O

Is it worthy to drop a new /used engine or rebuild?

Nice looking rig. If your intention is to keep it. I would install a new engine. Buy a long block from Ford Have the transmission rebuilt while it's out and keep on trucking..
  3. O

Dome light cover take down 2002 Explorer

Not sure but it most likely has tabs that need to be released. Picture squeezing it to get the tabs out of their slots. I feel that if you pry on it you will break them..
  4. O

Lift gate glass

My glass opens
  5. O

2002 Explorer Maintenance Help

Out of everything on your list the only thing I have done is the Strut/Springs on all four corners. I installed Ranchos for the extra lift. I forget the cost but I ordered them online from rockauto. Everything on mine is original now except for the struts. 73K miles on the original plugs, hoses...
  6. O

Oil change intervals 4.0L SOHC

I see yer point. But since I averaged less than 5K a year before it became the third car, (used for doggie trips to the Vet now), I'll stay with 5K or once a year...
  7. O

Oil change intervals 4.0L SOHC

Did the specified type of oil change? I use the Blend and change at 5K.. Runs great but then only it has only 73K on the clock..
  8. O

2002 ford explorer mileage gas bad

Mine gets about 12 around town. The best I have ever seen is 17 on the Hwy. It's been like that since I bought it new.. Excuses I got were, "It is all wheel drive".
  9. O

General 4.0 Maintenance Question

LOL I have the same thing I'll bet. It is the smell of burning oil from the headers that you get when you stop...
  10. O

Am I nuts to consider this?

Can't comment on the Mileage but looks a bit dirty and that usually makes me wonder about the rest of the care it's received. Does the CD changer still work?
  11. O

In-Channel Window Deflector or Outside?

I can't say which is better but I have had inside the channel on my Ex for 12 years and never a problem..
  12. O

Driver seat base motor

Mine won't move back and forth because the Frame is broken. Ford wont weld it, so I just got it into a good position and that's where it stays.. No help on where to get a motor other than a salvage yard or E-Bay..
  13. O

Climate control fail.

Is there any reason to hold onto my old climate control? If not I'll chuck it into the recycle bin..
  14. O

Climate control fail.

Climate control arrived yesterday, I replaced it this morning and all is well now.. Thanks for the advice..
  15. O

Your experience replacing the rear struts...words of wisdom?

I put the Rancho's on my '02. Really gave it a nice stance.. It never sees anything other than pavement.
  16. O

Your experience replacing the rear struts...words of wisdom?

Pretty much followed the Video. I put it on jack stands. I don't remember pulling off the flexible shields but it was done a year ago. Also I reused everything except the struts.
  17. O

Climate control fail.

Found one on E-Bay $38. When it gets here I'll post up if it fixed it... Thanks for your help.
  18. O

Climate control fail.

Crap, where do I get one of those?
  19. O

Climate control fail.

Fuse 7 and 30 both good. I don't see anything else on that diagram that has to do with the display.
  20. O

Climate control fail.

Hi all, I had the display for my climate control freeze. Lights were on but nothing happening. I could not shut it off. I disconnected the battery and when I reconnected I now get no lights, no temp display it's dead. Owners manual doesn't point me to a fuse. Can someone give me a direction to...
  21. O

Sticker help...

A heat gun... This has a good chance of giving you a blister on your fingertips...... Don't ask how I know.........
  22. O

Seemingly dangerous job...

I soaked mine with PB Blaster and had no problems.
  23. O

Cant get in to program mode for the key fob

Did you hear the Chime? 8 may not be your number.
  24. O

Cant get in to program mode for the key fob

I recently programmed a New key fob for my 2002 and that procedure did work for me.. It did take several attempts to get it done..
  25. O

Looking to buy an explorer...

You don't say where you are from! That will have an effect on the price. We have a 2002 Limited 4.0 that we bought new. It currently has 73,000 miles on it. It's an AZ car and looks New, with no rust on it. It is worth more than $5,000 to us.. And hopefully to anyone who would buy it..
Back