Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

rear wiper malfunction

1996 Explorer Sport My rear wiper stopped working properly some time ago. In the beginning of the malfunctioning it would work intermittently on any setting. Then it stopped working on any of the settings, but did work when I pushed the button to wash the window. I replaced the switch but...
  2. T

automatic tranny won't shift out of 1st gear

I have a 1996 Ex Sport 4.0 automatic. All of a sudden I get in last night and it will not shift out of 1st gear. After a little while the "check engine" light came on. It will shift into/from park, reverse, neutral. It will not shift from 1st to 2nd if I use the shift lever. I haven't...
  3. T

Rear Wiper Problem

I have a '96 Explorer Sport. So the rear wiper wasn't working when switched on, however, the wiper did come on and spray when the button was pushed for spray. Thinking the switch was bad, I ordered a new one and replaced it. Result: exact same problem. So the switch wasn't bad. What is bad...
  4. T

Lower Radiator Hose Diameter?

Hey does anybody know the diameter of the lower radiator hose on a '96 Explorer Sport 4.0? Looking for a coolant heater to install inline. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  5. T

Are these traction devices of any use?

Has anyone ever used any of these traction devices in the snow. I'm sick of getting stuck down my sloped driveway. Some look better than others, any suggestions? Traction mats...
  6. T

Steering "Nibble"

Check the laws in Texas. Maybe your car qualifies as a lemon if Texas has such a law. In California, you'd probably have a claim under the lemon law. Fix a problem over and over and it still does not work within the warranty period, the manufacturer has to take it back...
  7. T

Newb questions

Disable auto lock: http://www.fordf150.net/howto/autolocks.php
  8. T

Roof Rack Removal

Glad to hear you had success with that. That's probably what I'll end up doing. You'd think that because the caps are plastic, Ford would have made them so that they "click" into the rail somehow. Using the screw is a bit overkill. I was thinking of gently drilling out the stripped screw...
  9. T

Roof Rack Removal

I've been trying to get those end caps off too. Was able to get the left rear one off, but the right side is impossible. Screw must be rusted in there. I've managed to do a pretty good job of stripping the head, but it will wiggle a tiny bit. I don't know what to do. I thought I'd get the...
  10. T

How to remove stock rack end caps?

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic end caps at the ends of the rails on a stock Explorer rack? I need to slide in towers for a Yakima rack. I've tried to pull them out, but I'm afraid they will break. I've tried to unscrew the last screw holding down the rail, but that is...
Back