Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

2010 Ford Explorer XLT - AC repair

I think you where aiming that towards the original poster! But replacing ac parts your self saves thousands! You still need to evacuate and recharge by a pro unless you own a 4K machine but why pay someone labor since a evaporater is only 60 bucks usually and the cost is taking the dash out! Not...
  2. 0

4th Gen Auto 5R55 to Manual M5OD - progress (not a How-to)

Looking sweet! You can gear it prob to 4.10 since it was offered on older explorers! But you will need a case spreader for the diffs! And while your in there install lockers or torisions or lsd in the rear and front lol the supercharger thing sounds scary on a 4.0?sohc motor especially because...
  3. 0

Anytime glad to help! I would keep traction control if it was me cause I believe advance trac is incorporated into it and 06-10 explorers are open diff explorers it uses brakes to limit slip to each wheel! Glad speedo is working and rev limiter gone! That prob solved a lot of problems all at...
  4. 0

The problem is there is no direct signal to the ecm for speed it uses the abs module and for some reason it's not communicating speed my assumption is even though the car is in neutral the ecm doesn't think so because of something we are missing. Tom
  5. 0

I would do all three and see Tom
  6. 0

Yes could be because it's not seeing the sensors so you need to make them there etc I would do all 3 and see if you get something if something happens then it's just a matter of getting the right voltage signal etc
  7. 0

Nope looks like your on the path to my last suggestion only thing I notice is the pcm takes a ground and a positive cause the sensor generates power my assumption is the power signal going in is 4,3,16 pin on the pcm the splice is a common ground and those are ground signals on the opposite side...
  8. 0

On the abs module did you alter any configurations? If so I would revert back to stock and also same with pcm did you connect all the sensors for the brake system like brake buster sensor etc? Tom
  9. 0

Also C1805 is abs pcm mismatch code which also could make the pcm not see speed! So something is not correct! Tom
  10. 0

Here is what I would do I would wire the turbine speed sensor for an idle speed resistance and connect the output shaft speed sensor to something in your manual if it has one? The other sensor doesn't move when in neutral and I proved it shows speed in neutral! Tom
  11. 0

Your violet white wire connects 2 the 3 trans sensors which go to pcm so even though you added a resistor did you splice in the 3 wires for the sensors and there resistance? Tom
  12. 0

I like how you said the network ones are bogus my 08 has zero codes in it now your right if they come up and clear right away and don't come back for 10 months yes nothing wrong but if you clear the network code and it comes right back on after you clear it then there is a fault present! Glad...
  13. 0

I think your right but yes I know you wired it for neutral however looking at the trans diagram there are 4 other wires which relate to 1,2,3,r,d,p as well just by resistance looking at the tr3a violet white wire when in drive it gets an ohm resistance of 270 to start the other end of that is a...
  14. 0

The most simplest thing would be is to just plug in the range sensor and move it to neutral and see if that solves it but I bet you don't have a range sensor cause that's with the transmission! Plus I bet the connector is cut off by now any way lol Tom
  15. 0

Here is a folder of some elect diagrams to help you! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwABT1ITWImekZSNlh3b2ZrZ28 Now looking at the transmission diagram I notice that there are multiple input wires to the tcm from the range sensor when in park and or neutral! Did you reconnect that circuit...
  16. 0

Here is another check! When you start moving do your doors lock after a certain speed? Make sure that setting is enabled in your info display because if they auto lock then your bcm knows the truck is moving! So would be an error between the instrument cluster Tom
  17. 0

Ok did your request in 2 ways 1st way was while driving placed in neutral truck read speedo change so then went to a hill placed truck in neutral turned truck off started truck and let it roll and yup it read a speed! So my question is on yours are you wired in park? Or neutral if neutral then...
  18. 0

Lol yes I can do that for you I will do it tonight prob by 11:59 pm I will post the answer on here if the speedo works in neutral on a hill! But just one question to ask how are you removing your key if your car is in neutral? Or do you have it in park? Or a switch to put it in park? Tom
  19. 0

I would first try and see if putting truck in D and driving it will make the speedo work! Then go from there but the speedo cluster is a module which talks to other modules for the speed there is no cable or direct wire like old trucks etc! I would also pull codes again and see what you have...
  20. 0

Double checked wiring diagrams the only speed input is from the abs which talks to modules on a can bus to the smart junction box and the pcm and the instrument cluster all on a can bus like I said before it might be trying to see things that are in the transmission but aren't there which could...
  21. 0

I use alldata it's a website with auto repair you pay for a subscription it's a one year or 5 year and no more than I think 50 a car for 5 year so worth it! Also being in neutral would be a problem! Try placing the truck into drive and see if speedo works! The website says the speed is from the...
  22. 0

Also here are the connectors one for 97 explorer the other 08 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwABT1ITWIma2VWeXp0RVo1SDg https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwABT1ITWImX3RkNmtLNXdqSVk 08 return wire is the only one idk were it goes it's either the sensor #5 or #1 on the earlier tcase my...
  23. 0

Yeah I don't know if that's easier cause there are multiple modules that looks for different things that's you have took out example transmission temp! That's looked at by the ecm for if car is cold or hot and wether to have a high pressure shift or low pressure shift. There are just to many...
  24. 0

Hey, Glad to here your back on it I gave you a diagram of my 08 explorer wiring in a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxwABT1ITWImWnNiVlBBdEVjc1U Copy and paste that and look at it! Now I see you said 3rd gen I thought you have a 4th gen 2006-2010 right? And like I said before...
  25. 0

Rough idle ONLY in park.

Lean codes make me worried could have a faulty o2 sensor! Or issues with fuel pressure and or delivery egr could cause a problem if it's stuck open! Tom
Back