Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

AC oil & 134 capacity question

Thank you shamaal! There was no freon at all in the system according to the people that were going to do the evacuation. After I change the compressor, drier, and orifice tube and get the flush done I have a friend that has a machine to refill it. I will be using the R134 especially after...
  2. E

AC oil & 134 capacity question

The AC compressor went out on my daughters 91 Explorer 4.0. I bought a new (rebuilt) compressor, filter/drier, and orifice valve. I read and searched until early this morning but I can't seem to find the type and amount of oil I need or the amount of refrigerant I need. From the sounds of...
  3. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Congratulations to you, 410Fortune, and a huge thank you for the assistance. Without it I would still be stumbling around but with your advice and patience the Bronco runs again! Thanks again.
  4. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

I tried that but nothing changed. There is 12 volts to all 3 prongs with the ignition on. There is continuity through the inertia switch, it has dual pumps, when I jumped that self-test thing and the pumps were running I stuck a nail in the Schrade valve and there was a lot of pressure (I don't...
  5. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Okay, be right back
  6. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

There is a plug by the fuel relay for doing the self test. The book says to ground the one on the right and, sure enough, they run. With the key on, there is power to three wires on the fuel relay and the black wire has no power. I took the tank off twice because of the fuel guage-once to change...
  7. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

The fuel pumps won't run unless I ground the test terminal. Then they both run and build pressure. I tried starting it with the ground but it still would not start. I am fairly sure it is fuel or computer related because I used a squirt can and shot gas through the throttle body and it would...
  8. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Okay, thank you. If it is then it must still be something in the fuel system? If it is not, where and what do I check as far as the computer goes? I will post what I find with the injectors.
  9. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Thank you for the help. I really need assistance with this one and I hate to just keep throwing parts at it.
  10. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Where do I check to see if the EEC is getting power? The owners manual is gone and the 'generic' fuse panel in my books are different than the Bronco. The fuel pumps don't run at all unless I jump it to ground. I turned the key to the ON position and pushed down on the Schrade valve and there...
  11. E

1991 Explore wont start

EEC Relay and fuse? Does a 1998 Bronco have these and if they do, could someone tell me where to look? There is no owners manual and this book doesn't show it.
  12. E

1988 Bronco Fuel Problem

Our neighbors pulled a 1988 Bronco with V-8, 4 speed here to fix. Someone has erased all codes. By grounding the self test only the front fuel pump would run. I changed the in-tank pump and grounding makes them both run and build pressure. I put a new fuel pump solenoid in but it didn't help...
  13. E

Amber ABS light on after brake job

Sorry for the lack of information. It is 4wd and the brakes work great but is very obvious the ABS is not working. It sounds like it is okay to drive it so when she comes home again, I will do all of the tests and inspections. She should be back in 2 or 3 weeks. I was concerned because of the...
  14. E

Amber ABS light on after brake job

I put all new pads and rotors on my daughters 99 Explorer with 4 wheel discs. After 300-400 miles the amber ABS light came on. The OBD II scan was clear. I unhooked the battery for 45 minutes or maybe a little more. The fluid is full. I can't see anything obviously wrong. The brakes work fine...
  15. E

V-10 3/4 ton truck transmission help needed

Thanks again for the help. The computer was down so I am late responding. The truck is here now so I will let you know what I find.
  16. E

Thanks to all! She got the codes checked and, as you also said, the speed sensor is not working! Will it hurt to drive 300 miles back and how hard is it to change? My Haynes shows it on the transfer case tail shaft which makes me think you unplug it, screw it out, new back in, hook up wire, and...
  17. E

Thank you both for the responses. I don't know what type of transmission is in it. Would you happen to know if there is a site that lists recalls? She called around for prices to change the oil and filter, not including the converter, and they were all around $100. This is in Denver! Could the...
  18. E

I realize this is not a truck site but I am in desperate need of some transmission advice! My daughter left on a 300 mile trip that doesn't have any major hills and she was towing a 20 foot camp trailer. The check engine light came on but would go off some of the time. She finally got there and...
  19. E

Sirius Satellite Question

I just finished installing the wireless FM transmitter Sirious system. The hardest part is deciding on where to mount it. Then only two wires, antenna & cigar lighter power, a call to activate, and tunes time!
  20. E

Head gasket on a 92 Explorer XLT

When you get the heads off check real close for cracks between the intake and exhaust valves. I had cracks in this area on both heads.
  21. E

4.0 intake leaking coolant

I would need to put a drum of oil in the back to make it there.
  22. E

Mysterious Smoke

Ford has a recall on some models of Fords because of wiring problems dealing with the cruise control I believe. Might want to check because there was an early 2000 Explorer that burned to the ground here. The young girl said something smelled funny when she parked it.
  23. E

Head gasket on a 92 Explorer XLT

Is there steam coming from the exhaust and is your radiater still full? Does the oil look milky?
  24. E

Need Help clattering noise, Its parked downtown...

Did the shop cut your old filter to see if it was clogged or damaged?
  25. E

4.0 intake leaking coolant

The engine was a new complete engine that Michigan Motors got from the factory in Germany. When I replaced the cylinder head gasket I used a gasket set from Ford. I also used the Ford gasket set to finally cure the antifreeze leak. The oil seal is brand new with the engine and only has around...
Back