Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to get Better Gas Mileage?

So here's something, I had a 2003 f150 with the 4.6l engine. Got better than 20 mpg. The obd II said I was running lean but it didn't affect driveability or power. Then one day it started running bad and cut off when I gave it gas. It turned out to be the pcv hose went soft and sucked flat. Once...
  2. A

Recommendations for replacement CD player

Is there a replacement that can still use the steering wheel controls?
  3. A

Odd radio issue.

I know this is a little old but, Most if not all radios have two pos (+) connections. One goes to ignition switch and the other to bat (+). The later must ALWAYS be hot. Check for that first then check your ground seeming as the radio is sliding around it could also be bad.
  4. A

5R55W -2002 Ford Explorer - Servo Replacement Saga.

You guys can use the epoxy and hope it doesn't stick in the bore of your tranny, I made a bushing that was .0005 smaller OD and with an ID about .0002 smaller than the undercut section where the damn shaft broke. Just a little pressure locked the bushinng on the broken piece and out it came with...
  5. A

How to: 5R55W transmission servo piston removal

Looks like a winner. Yea it's a big bump alright. I tried one today, but it broke at the weep hole when installing it, poop. When I opened mine up he piston was busted through. I'm guess the band was too tight. If anyone knows of another reason this may have happened post a link or just...
Back