Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

99 explorer sport Front upper control arms

This is exactly what i did. Having patience is one thing, F'ing around with a damn bolt for hours getting no where is another. Cut it and be done with it.
  2. R

99 explorer sport Front upper control arms

It's been a while since i did it but i think i actually cut a couple of bolts because I was replacing them with the camber bolt kit. the stock bolt has that big washer connected to the bolt head which makes it a ***** to get out so i think i pulled it out as far as i could and then cut it. The...
  3. R

selling my explorer

I just went through craigslist and did a broader search of surrounding areas. I think i'm at the right price as they go anywhere from 1500 with rusted wheel fenders and rockers, up to 3500 for something that has low miles and looks amazing. I'd come down to 2700 i think, but c'mon dropping 900...
  4. R

yes i bought a device that splices into the wiring on the cd changer. it worked pretty good...

yes i bought a device that splices into the wiring on the cd changer. it worked pretty good until my changer started acting up. I had to record a blank cd to trick the player into switching so it would play but i got it working. I ended up using a bluetooth fm transmitter now and that seems to...
  5. R

selling my explorer

I've posted my explorer on craigslist and had a few people look at it. Yeah, i'm asking top dollar of 2900.00 but it's got 500.00 worth of brand new tires, a new battery this year, last year i put new shocks, inner and outer tie rod ends, exhaust manifold and a number of other things. one guy...
  6. R

Tire recommendations

I had the falken wildpeaks installed today. I can say they are no louder than the general grabbers that were on there before. so far they seem to be a smoother ride and "feel" like a well built tire. The tread reminds me of the goodyear wrangler radials I had on my Ranger. Those were good tires...
  7. R

Tire recommendations

I just ordered some Falken wildpeak at3w from tirebuyer.com I hope they turn out good. I've read a lot of great reviews on them. I have the 16" tires. I got them for $469 with free delivery to the tire shop. They look like a great tire.
  8. R

5.0 Exhaust Manifold R/R

I did mine last summer and had 1 bolt break off. I didnt think the job was that bad and was surprised when the bolts came off. I coated them with pb blaster for days before i did this. mine had about 145,000 miles and has always been in MI. I ended up drilling and tapping the bolt that broke. so...
  9. R

Po171 po174

https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/
  10. R

Po171 po174

Have you seen this web page? I used this a lot to get my ranger going. https://www.obd-codes.com/p0174
  11. R

SadThe Old Girl is No More - But Wait, There's Hope...!

Oh I know how you feel. truly. I've had this happen to me, not once, but twice! Once with a 93 Ranger 4x4 that i got from my father in law for 500 bucks. I put so much work into that truck and it was running like a top but i got to the point where i wanted something better (my 98 AWD my son now...
  12. R

Current RockAuto discount code

13. R

front end noise- 2000 explorer limited

if it only does it while driving i would say wheel bearing or cv. does it do it when turning the steering wheel. I had a windstar that squealed like crazy when the tie rods got dry.
  14. R

New engine install

I have no input on this but i'm interested in how this goes. why did you go with rockauto instead of something like jasper engines. With 148,000 on mine i've looked into what i'd do if mine went. I like the truck so I wondered what the cost is, how much you'll have into this project. I've always...
  15. R

97 Mounty AWD 5.0L moaning HELP

hmm. wondering if i should take mine out and look at it. Has vibration around 65-70. had the tires balanced, didnt help much at all. I do have a moaning or whining on deceleration.
  16. R

switch for power antenna

i guess that wire was orange/blue: 1998 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Constant 12V+ Light Green Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black Ground Black Illumination Light Blue/Red Dimmer n/a Antenna Trigger Orange/Blue Antenna Right Front Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green...
  17. R

exhaust manifold replacement

all done, back on the road and nice and quiet. the dorman manifold bolted up and fit perfectly. I had to end up drilling out that bolt, but was able to get it out and save the threads. I nicked the bottom of the threads a little so they are not as tall as i'd like. I think i'll go back and put a...
  18. R

so, got the manifold out. no way that collector bolt was coming out so i ended up cutting it. that broken bolt is being a pain. I welded nuts to it and it kept snapping off the bolt shorter and shorter. So when it got down to the block I broke out the bolt extractor kit. that did not work...
  19. R

switch for power antenna

everything seems to be working normal. I read that this was the antenna trigger wire so i thought i'd give it a shot. worst case was i soldered it back together. It has been working great.
  20. R

switch for power antenna

they were pictures of where i put the switch and my aux port. they show up when i view this. i'll post again though. I switched the blue and white wire coming out of the radio.
  21. R

I tried to roll this around a bit, but i guess i was losing interest by then. I picked up some wobble extensions so between the two it has to come out. It is a pain though. On your brothers truck were there only 2 out of 8 studs with nuts? and six bolts?
  22. R

I went and got some wobble extensions today, hoping that works. I do have a bottle of trans fluid and acetone mix.
  23. R

i started this job this morning. I only broke 1 bolt off. its the long one, but it looks like a straight shot in, so i should be able to get it out pretty easy. Having trouble with the inner collector bolt. can't seem to find a good angle to get on that sucker. I was able to get the grinder in...
  24. R

New Member Rockauto Mevotech front end kit

I called the alignment shop before I bought mine, I went with the one piece, they said they rarely adjust that anyway. I have not noticed anything different with the one piece compared to stock . I wanted the new bushings and, to me, one piece is stronger than two.
Back