Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

a/c drain drip location

can somebody post a picture where is the condensation dripping from 2002 ford explorer 4.0 ? i think i have clogged pipe because i dont see water underneath the car after having a/c on. i have tried searching evaporator drain, a/c drain..all sorts of stuff. they say its on passenger side...
  2. H

2002 eddie bauer 4.0l auto trans maintenance schedule

i know there is a 3rd print of maintenance schedule out there, but I don't like that. its a generic by mile book. is there a table version for this generation of explorer ? for example how often to change automatic transmission fluid, differential fluids, spark plugs. thanks
  3. H

2002, 4.0l Explorer - does it have limited slip differential (lsd)?

How do i find out ? there is very little information in specs. thanks
  4. H

transmission fluid level check

110k miles. I had a "solenoid" changed once. about 30k miles ago. Nothing else besides that. Thanks for replys! have a nice day.
  5. H

I have no CEL. i have few drops of oil on the parking lot. its seems to be coming from rear main seal. i did not add fluid. i don't even know how to add fluid. just checking here if there would be a CEL if the fluid is low. thanks for getting back to me.
  6. H

my car leaks a little bit. probably not the engine oil because the level is OK. question is: if the transmission fluid (oil) level is low, would that throw a Service engine soon light ? if should I take the car to the service to get the level checked out , so my transmission is not...
  7. H

DPFE sensor - can't pull it out, any trick ?

thanks. i warmed the engine and then pulled harder. i came out. btw, autozone's sensor is a bit different looking but fits ok.
  8. H

DPFE sensor - can't pull it out, any trick ?

Hello, how can you replace , pull out this sensor ? <http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/fulltext/images/1966/tb6953c.gif> The 2 rubber tubes are attached to the sensor so tight, i can't pull it out. is there a trick ? I have the 4.0l SOHC 2002 Ford Explorer 4WD. thanks!!
  9. H

noise/sound during acceleration bewteen 1500-2000 rpm

..it does not happen always. i think it tends to happen more often when the engine is cold..but it does also after a 300mile drive. so what happens is: when I do accelerate from 0mph, a noise , like a belt was loose of something or some rezonating sound, starts to sound at about 1500 rpm...
  10. H

2002 Explorer - differential lock ?

I have a 2002 Eddie Bauer Explorer with AWD-4HI-4LO buttons. Do any of these options actualy lock the front or the rear differential (or both)? Can the following be prevented ?: Let's say I'm stuck in the deep snow. The left part of my car (both left wheels) are on snow and the right...
Back