Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Tune with no other modifications?

Mine are stock, I don't believe in fixing what isn't broken, and my Sport runs like a Cheetah on performance enhancing drugs... :)
  2. G

Tune with no other modifications?

I just installed the Livernois 93 Octane Tune in my 2013 Explored Sport but I opted to add the 3 BAR MAP sensor also because Livernois states that to get the most out of a tune without extensive mods the 3 BAR Sensor gets you the most gain and based on what I am experiencing with my Sport it...
  3. G

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

I can attest to that! I just installed Livernois Tune with the new Touchscreen Tuner and it was almost too easy... :)
  4. G

Livernois sales or discounts?

Well I went and pulled the trigger on a Livernois Tuner and 3 Bar MAP and all I can say is WOW! After a hic cup , my fault I downloaded the wrong tuner software from their site but after speaking with Anthony (a really GREAT GUY I might add) we got the correct software downloaded and updated my...
  5. G

Window Washer Sprayer

Been there done that. If you run the tank dry and don't fill it within a day or so it will gunk up pretty quick. On my Mustang it would have been MAJOR SURGERY to get to the pump so I put about an oz of bleach in a gallon of DISTILLED water and filled the empty tank with that solution. Took...
  6. G

Brand new 17 Explorer shakes so bad makes us sick,

peterk9 has it right about the flat spotting on these tires. I put a couple hundred miles on mine before returning for "road force" balancing and even then it was necessary to brake the bead and reposition two tires on their respective wheels. Also bear in mind that the Sport suspension is...
  7. G

Hood Struts ??

Only work I do under my hood is check fluid levels and clean (a clean engine runs cooler and looks cooler :) )
  8. G

Hood Struts ??

I removed mine...
  9. G

Hood Struts ??

Thought it was changed but I guess not. It is correct now... :)
  10. G

Hood Struts ??

Well I've had these installed for 4+ months now and the're outstanding! One of the best improvements you can make to your Explorer! I don't know why but it is still showing my 2015 Sport. That vehicle is no more, lost to a t-bone crash. The struts I am referring to are on my 2017 Sport...
  11. G

Hood Struts ??

I bent the lock clip on one of mine, I played hell getting the bent clip out but I was able to. Then re-bent it to the proper shape, re-install it onto the rod end and installed the strut properly. Was on the verge of calling Red Line Tuning for a replacement but I did a pull check after...
  12. G

Lock/Unlock from Hands-Free Liftgate

Actually I tried this after I posted and it can be done...
  13. G

Update to my previous post: Dealer re-balanced all 4 wheels, had to break the bead on two and reposition the tires on the wheels to get a good balance. No out of rounds or defects found. The Vehicle is 100% better and I am satisfied. I drove the vehicle for a couple hundred miles before the...
  14. G

Towing: Whats the most weight you have towed?

I towed my Daughters 2008 Explorer on a UHaul car trailer across the state of SC (Greenville to Rock Hill) with my 2015 Explorer Sport and had to remind myself that it was back there. I know that exceeded the 5000 tow limit but it worked out just fine. 3200 pound vehicle on a car trailer will...
  15. G

Lock/Unlock from Hands-Free Liftgate

My 2017 Sport keeps the doors locked with the hands free tailgate operation BUT i can also unlock and open the doors by just touching the door handles as long as the key fob is within 3 feet of the vehicle. If you have this feature it may be the solution you want...
  16. G

Hood Struts ??

Late to the dance her; I ordered a set from Red Line Tuning and installed them yesterday. Took all of 15 minutes and was worth the money and effort. No more burning your hand on the hood prop when engine is up to temp...
  17. G

2017 Sport

2017 Sport
  18. G

Before buying my 2017 Sport I drove a Platinum and an XLT. Comparing the ride to those vehicles to the Sport I noticed a more car like ride. The suspension on the Sport is different form the non Sport models and I came to the conclusion that the "Sport Tuned Suspension" is prone to be more...
  19. G

Well I'm new to the forum and late to the dance here. I had a 2015 Explorer that had a vibe that drove me crazy, I forgot to mention that I bough the vehicle with 5000 miles on it as certified pre-owned. tires were original to the vehicle. Dealer rebalanced the tires twice but I was not...
Back