Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

front wheel bearings..or lack thereof...need help on my 98

update for those interested: dug into it and replace all 4 wheel bearing up front to no results. Come to find out the spindle is slighly chewed up. I noticed it when it was bare, but went forward anyway and the new bearings did nothing to control noise. Oh well...me and the low speed roar...
  2. 9

this is my fault to start with for not stating clearly that it was a 2wd. But...the info helps anyway because we've got several explorers in our family, and some are 4wd!! Thanks again, and what a blessing to find out they are cheap bearings for the 2wd!!!!
  3. 9

I just keep coming up w/ hubs/bearings for 4x4 explorer/mountainer and sporttracs. I can't find one for my 2wd 98 explorer.
  4. 9

what did you "search" for exactly...I'm coming up w/ nothing.
  5. 9

thanks...I've looked at a couple of online parts stores and am only finding hub/bearing assemblies for 4x4s and 2002+. I'll just make a trip to the local AZ or AAPs and talk to someone. I just know I'm tired of this roaring.
  6. 9

My front wheel bearings have been roaring since 70k and I'm at 106k now. I've had all I can stand. The problem (as you probably already have figured out) is that I can't find wheel bearing anywhere. Apparently you have to buy the entire hub assembly??? Anybody got suggestions for this or...
  7. 9

Somebody help, removed rear sub to replace it and now rear door speakers nor sub work

stereo problems OK, just replaced sub and amp with new replacements (ebay takeout from a new one). The sub is better than ever...but the rear door speakers still do nothing. It's not too bad w/ the front door speakers and rear sub, but would like it right. My only guess at this point is...
  8. 9

Somebody help, removed rear sub to replace it and now rear door speakers nor sub work

I simply removed the interior panel in the pass. rear, took out the factory sub and enclosure, went and bought a new 8" sub, and now the rear door speakers won't work, and if I fade it all the way back and turn up the volume to max I can hear just a buzz from the sub. What have I done? How...
  9. 9

OK guys, mysterious interferance w/ sub, HELP

OK, before I tuned up the 5.0 I was getting interferance through the sub-woofer in the back (factory installed MACH) and wrote it off to bad plug wires. Now I have brand new plugs/wires/etc. and am getting a different but bothersome interferance that seems to be in harmony w/ the engine...
  10. 9

just installed 265/75-16 Bridgestone A/T Revo's -AWESOME!!!

just a post for those wondering... Just installed the 265/75-16's on my stock suspension'd 98 4d Explorer. The only exception is that I do have Bilstein Shocks all around. I've not been able to make the 265/75's scrub anywhere yet. Other post said that this size would scrub on the front...
  11. 9

265-75-16's on a 98-01 4d explorer -help?

tires I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO's. Their reviews are better than Michelin and BFG, and they're considerably cheaper.
  12. 9

I've gotten my answer from another thread -the 265/75 will work with a little trim to the well.. GREAT!
  13. 9

I was actually considering upsizing to the 265-70-17 so hopefully someone will chime in for both of us!!! I know the 265-65-17 will work, but there's limited options for that size.
  14. 9

Anybody running them w/o any lift? Came w/ the 255/70-16. I know 265-70's and even 275-70's will work just fine. The 265-75-16 works perfectly on the 4wd Ranger. Any suggestions? The only issue is clearance because its not too big a tire for the axles, etc. Thanks Alan
Back