Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Seat memory issues

Update on our 2016 Explorer Sport: I'm sad to say our driver's seat memory is back to not working correctly after having a new seat module installed in May 2016. Not only that, but we noticed the seat cover tabs are broken/not connected on the console side of the seat now. We have an appointment...
  2. O

iPhone text message alert tone

I know this is an old thread, so please direct me to a newer one if there is one. I have a 2015 Mustang GT that pops up an onscreen notification and sound when I receive a text message. It has the option to listen which I do occasionally use so I know that works as well. My wife and I both use...
  3. O

Seat memory issues

I had a few minutes last night to hop in and test it a couple times. It appears that having the driver's seat module replaced has fixed the issue of the seat and steering wheel not moving back to correct position when the Entry/Exit feature is in use. Before they would move almost back to their...
  4. O

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

We just got our black emblems installed yesterday on our 2016 sport. Got them from same ebay seller as DMG632. They look great. We'll see how they hold up. Ours were attached the same as the above pics.
  5. O

Seat memory issues

We disconnected the battery as I mentioned in a previous post. That didn't help us. Sorry for not posting in a while. 2 weeks ago we took in to the dealer for a loose door trim piece. Dealer replaced it no problem and also took a look at our driver's seat issue. They have ordered a new module...
  6. O

After pulling up one end of the front emblem and not seeing any tape, I'm doubtful mine is secured with tape. I heated it and used fishing line to pull up one side, but had to pull so hard it was twisting the grill and I don't want to break the grill. Called the body shop of a ford dealer and he...
  7. O

Peterk9, Thanks. I have used the 'Search' function and have done quite a few searches for anyone mentioning removing the emblems from a '2016 Ford Explorer Sport' to no avail which is why I responded to MichaelNC's thread. I had already read the thread you merged this one to, but it did not...
  8. O

Has anyone removed the front and rear emblems off a 2016 explorer sport yet as MichaelNC asked? I've purchased new ones (black) and they came with double sided tape. I called ford body shop and they said the front one looks like it is fastened with double sided tape. I heated it and used...
  9. O

Seat memory issues

Did the negative side battery disconnect this weekend. Left it off for about 5 minutes. After entering the vehicle the seat moves forward some, but not back to the memorized position. Still have to push the memory button to get the seat to move the rest of the way. Of note: Our entry/exit...
  10. O

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Ok, gotcha. We haven't heard anything like that. Thanks for the info.
  11. O

Seat memory issues

We haven't heard a 'cowling' noise that I'm aware of. Stupid question I'm sure, but do you mean up by the hood as that is the only cowl I've dealt with on my wrangler?
  12. O

Seat memory issues

Any reason why this would happen? I'll try that this evening. Will it erase all other personalized settings?
  13. O

Seat memory issues

Well, I have to say we've had our share of issues with bmw, Inifiniti, and Volkswagen as well. We've probably owned just as many foreign as domestic. They certainly have all had their share of issues. Especially if you get on a forum where you see all the complaints from around the world. I...
  14. O

Seat memory issues

I only had her key when checking to see why it was not working correctly. Mine was upstairs in the house. And of course when she is out and about she does not have mine with her.
  15. O

Seat memory issues

I did mention in my first post that I did link her key fob to her memory 1. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough? I apologize if I didn't. Easy to do when typing. I believe (from memory) the steps are: With vehicle running or ignition on, move everything where you want it, then hold the...
  16. O

Seat memory issues

We noticed an issue with my wife's 2016 explorer sport today. We have set the steering wheel, pedals, mirrors, and seat to her preference and they worked perfectly the first 3 or 4 days. She uses memory 1. I set my settings to memory 3. We noticed today that when she exits the vehicle the seat...
  17. O

2016 can't disable Easy Entry/Exit

Moved my post to it's own thread, but couldn't see how to delete this post. My apologies.
Back