Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Lets see your switches!

So I attempted to do this same layout with the same switches and switch holder but the A/C tubing that leads to the back seats was in the way. I was curious if you did something to the piping to make it fit or does your model not have it?
  2. M

Brake pad and rotor recommendation?

Looking to change the front pads and rotors on my 3rd gen explorer. I've been recommended motorcraft, raybestos, and Wagner as good brands. Stock pads are suppose to be ceramic, but I think im gonna go with semi metallic for better stopping power, unless anyone has used ceramic pards that...
  3. M

02 Explorer stuck in 4wd

I unplugged the module and even changed it out at one point. I know its in 4wd whenever I turn or even just driving. I can feel the strain and binding on the front end. I I don't think the clutch is fused because I can shift it into neutral manually with the shift motor off and drive normally. I...
  4. M

02 Explorer stuck in 4wd

I checked the tire tread and they're all worn pretty evenly. I tried just cutting the brown wire today after reading through the thread, someone said you can just use a switch instead of a relay with a switch. Had no luck with it.
  5. M

02 Explorer stuck in 4wd

I have a 02 Explorer XLT. It has the Auto 4x4, hi, and low. Every now and then it gets stuck in 4x4 High due to the auto 4x4 kicking in. It will switch in and out of 4lo but refuses to go into normal. I've tried driving in reverse while switching, and switching from Auto, hi, lo, back to auto...
  6. M

Help with whining sound from transmission/transfercase

Today I changed both the transfer case sensors because my 4x4 wasn't shifting into low. It now works but for some reason when i drive above 20 mph I hear a whining sound. It continues to get higher until I slow down then gets lower. I cant imagine replacing the sensors could of caused this but...
Back