Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Ford plant relocating to Youngstown, OH

Ford's heavy duty pickup trucks which used to be built in Mexico started rolling off an assembly line in Ohio this week. That's good news for the 1,000 Ford workers in Ohio, who might have otherwise been out of work. Promises by the automakers to keep production and jobs at U.S. plants is...
  2. G

Anyone lease and bought it out after 3 years?

I miss a retracting rear window as in my old 4Runner. It eliminates smells surely and rapidly while driving after you've suddenly been made aware of a fume-spewing vehicle in front of you via olfactory means. Plus, if the back is loaded and you want to retrieve something off the top without...
  3. G

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Looks like I won’t be abandoning the “Hey, Siri” direct to phone command just yet. Because that is the only way that the phone will launch a music app by voice, such as my free Rhapsody streaming service from T-Mobile. If I do the “Hey, Siri, Rhapsody is duly launched and ready to play my music...
  4. G

New lessee here

Thank you, everyone.
  5. G

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

My phone connected fine pre-update. It still connects fine post update. The black out feature is neat, but bears getting used to. I'm using the phone as gps, so you have a view of the road ahead. Once you're on a stretch and there's nothing to report, the phone screen blacks out. The phone...
  6. G

Sync 3

Software having been updated, what are the tangible benefits we're supposed to see? Is there an instruction page somewhere that lays it out for users to try? I got a few links that lays it out...
  7. G

Does dealer use a head light aiming tool?

I read in the manual that headlight position might need adjusting depending upon loads placed on the vehicle that might tend to either bring it nose up or nose down, along with what effect that will have on approaching cars.
  8. G

Sync 3

lol - I was tooling around in user control panel and noticed what I'd wrought. Yes, the finally did come up with a flying skateboard!
  9. G

Cell Phone Mount

I put a pro clip in mine right away. It's got an OEM appearance to it and it is also free of extraneous detail seen on generic mounts. The phone pops in and stays solid, yet easy to retrieve to put back into the pocket. Finding an optimal position has been easy.
  10. G

Sync 3

Chat said to run another VHR and that it should convey to Ford what's needed to update my record. Thanks for the immediate feedback.
  11. G

Sync 3

Now I went and did it. I successfully upgraded my software to the latest, then promptly reformatted my USB before reporting the update to Ford. The web site expected to have uploaded an .xml file that tells the site what I did. Can I just as easily call or chat with Ford and tell them to...
  12. G

Sync 3

Thanks, everyone.
  13. G

New lessee here

Thank you.
  14. G

Sync 3

Ford sync service sign-up wants my cell number. Have any signees been sent advertising texts or gotten advertising calls from Ford Motors?
  15. G

New lessee here

I went for an XLT to get leather without going full on loaded, so here I am. Though not a stranger to Explorer, which I had leased twice before, maybe close to 20 years ago. What I had for trade was my 2000 4-Runner, (original owner) that was long in the tooth and started costing a bundle to...
Back