Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2016 Ford Explorer Blend (I think) Actuator Issues

I just got the vent mode acturator replaced this past weekend. For the difficulty of the job, it really isn't worth it to risk with aftermarket parts. Plus I got the Motorcraft part from Amazon for only $24.
  2. B

Is there a way to manually close the moonroof (tilt)

By looking at the motor picture, I am guessing the screw in circle is the manual drive of the gear. Maybe take the motor out and try it first? But you should be careful not to over close the system to cause more damage.
  3. B

Is there a way to manually close the moonroof (tilt)

Maybe try the initialization procedure first. You will need to initialize the system anyway if the motor is replaced. These are "smart" motors and need to be taught after installation.
  4. B

Weird parking aid and error messages for powertrain

Thanks Peter. I replaced the battery once 3 years ago, fixed the corroded positive connector twice in the past. I can count maybe 5 times theses powertrain error messages happened and I feel they were about evenly spread out in my 6 years ownership. I remember those occasions because each time...
  5. B

Weird parking aid and error messages for powertrain

Does anyone have experience with strange behavior of parking aid? The parking alarm on my 16MY Limited occasionally just go off when I am slowing down from normal driving speed to a relatively slow rolling speed, but definitely much higher than the 5km/h threshold of the park aid system. And...
  6. B

PCM turned off too early after turning engine off?

Oh I never noticed that discussion before. Anyway I definitely have a "normal" Explorer because I pretty much have all typical issues, like hood bubble and exhaust odour, plus a few odd ones. But this forum definitely helps me a lot. Thanks again Peter!
  7. B

Thanks Peter for your help. Here is my update. Since I don't drive much in this pandemic I waited long enough to verify I got this fixed. My issue was caused by corroded positive connector at battery. Last year I found the original OEM battery had leak at positive connector. More than half...
  8. B

Just 2 weeks ago my 16 Explorer Limited started doing something wired. Every time I turn my engine off, it seems the vehicle just lost electricity power right away, both dash and Sync system just go dead/black. Sometimes the system immediately regains power and Sync starts booting, sometimes it...
  9. B

2016 Explore Limited mirrors issue

My car does this as well. It happens totally random on either driver or passenger side. I believe this is a electric software or calibration issue. And apparently this happens on multiple Ford vehicles. I saw some F150 owner posting similar issue. A friend of mine owns a MKC and told me...
  10. B

Am I getting ripped off by dealer?

I had my driver side rear bearing replaced on my 16 Limited last year. It was clear that the noise was from that corner of the vehicle. That bearing had absolutely no free play when it gone bad except the noise, but I had wheel bearings replaced on other vehicles so I knew it for sure. I...
  11. B

Platinum

I thought Platinum only has light color seats. If you do want black interior then you have to choose Limited or Sports.
  12. B

Did a road trip to Canada!

I read articles before that Ontario and Quebec have agreements with adjacent US states that they share information on traffic tickets. So if there are unpaid tickets then the associated license plate cannot be renewed or something like that. If Maryland is part of the deal then you are out of...
  13. B

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Thanks to peterk9 again. Now I understand to add centre cap to Interceptor steel rims I need both lug nuts and caps: Lug nuts: part # DG1Z1015A or DG1Z1012A, cost about $20 USD for each wheel Centre cap: part # F87Z1130GB, cost about $35 to 45 USD for each wheel So if I want to buy a new...
  14. B

Thanks peterk9. My steel wheel looks exactly like the same on your post above. $20 each I will take the cap but at $69.30 I will have to shop around first. Anyway my winter tires are Michelin Latitude and I find them very nice in terms of quietness and comfort. I have been riding with...
  15. B

My ride comes with winter tire package so I have 18” steel wheels and sensors but no centre caps. Can anyone please post part number of the cap? Or is there any aftermarket centre cap to chose?
  16. B

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

Regarding to the cause of crack, I have to take it back. I did call service advisor at dealer yesterday and he suggested over 90% of cracks are caused by stone chip. I did check it in the morning and didn’t notice anything because it was dark and wet. So I had another closer look of my...
  17. B

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

I have a 16 Explorer Limited in ruby red and it is a huge step up comparing with all our previous vehicles. My daughter likes it very much and she calls it big apple. She never named our other vehicles before. This morning I used remote start function because outside was about 2° or 36°F...
  18. B

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Also I cannot "Confirm Update", when I click on the button at web page it just shows same content as "What's in this update?", so there is no way to proceed. I also tried to repeat the 4 steps process and use "Select file" button and it allows me to chose the XML file but nothing happened...
  19. B

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Problem with memory seat after update 3.8 I have a 16 Limited and I just updated to 3.8 today. I really shouldn't do it as I suspected there might come glitch and it really did. Anyway the issue I have after updating is when starting the vehicle the memory seat will not return to previous...
  20. B

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Does anyone know where is this factory-set code located on 2016 vehicle? First post here. I have been reading this forum for awhile and it is really informative. Question: does anyone know where is this factory-set code located on 2016 Model? I tried to look around the interior fuse box but...
Back