Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Turbo Ex burnout video

Yes those are dually marks from my 91 f-350. She burns rubber pretty good for an old idi 7.3 diesel.
  2. 4

Turbo Ex burnout video

I do burnouts, as shown by my driveway :D
  3. 4

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

Congratulations on the long awaited startup. Can't wait to see a viideo of that monster running.
  4. 4

got my duals done today

Looks awsome :biggthump . Now just patiently waiting for a sound clip
  5. 4

Ranger to Explorer Front end swap project

Looks awsome so far, I can't wait to see the end result.
  6. 4

My Ford Ka..... 2.1 turbo 4x4...

I am not typically a compact car fan but that car just looks MEAN. I just love the front end, can't wait to see some vids of the finsihed car.
  7. 4

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

http://photobucket.com/ Good place to host the picks, plus its free.
  8. 4

Too Funny!

Rofl
  9. 4

Anyone here have the Ranger lower valance installed on their X?

I just used some flatstock drilled a hole in it then welded it to the frame to mount my lights. The lights that I am using are procomp stainless with flutted lenses, http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=LIG&prodline=325&catName=Lighting&man=EXPLORER the lights work great...
  10. 4

Thanks for the complaments guys. For mounting I first centered it on the bumper and held it in place with some c-clamps. I then made two new holes throught the bumper and valance, one on each side of the opening, and fastened it to the bumper using some 3/8 hardware. After the center most...
  11. 4

Here are some pictures. I found it to be pretty easy to install, I started mounting in the center and then working my way to the outer edges of the bumper as they need to be pulled inward slightly to be mounted. It follows the bumper fairly well and looks good with some foglights.
  12. 4

91 no start.

Does it turn over? Check ground to the moter then starter.
  13. 4

bird chirp -- water pump?

He is correct when refering to the Camshaft position sensor, it will develop a chip sound before failure, it is located at the back of the engineblock behind the intake. Try listening there
  14. 4

Rusted crome rims, how do you prep them for painting?

The simple thing to do would be to sand/bead blast them. It will remove all the rust and chrome and they would be ready to paint. If you do sand/bead blast them I suggest painting them soon after before any oxidation begins.
  15. 4

Loud power steering

I would try some Lucas Power Steering additive. It helped quiet mine down a bit and will help stop any leaks that you may have.
  16. 4

Angel Eye Mod !!

Wow, that is a pretty slick mod. Now if I only had some round lights to try it on.
  17. 4

90 ranger to 94 explorer hub swap?

As far as I know nope. The Explorer and Ranger have a different number of splines for the hub.
  18. 4

Amp Suggestions

I am also looking to get a an amp and new woofers. I was looking at a Kenwood mono class D amp KAC-X811D considering I already have a kenwood deck (KDC- X679). I would like to know if anyone had any opinions or info on this amp. I would also like to get 3 12 inch 4 ohm subwoofers to wire in...
  19. 4

Intake Plenum

I was wandering if anyone knows if there is a company that makes a plenum spacer for the 1st gen aluminum intakes. I have noticed that the plenum gets pretty warm from the conduction through the lower intake and I would like to try to keep it a little cooler. Any info would be great.
  20. 4

Apten Chip still the best??

I have been looking at chips, exploring all the options, and wanted to know if those who bought chips created and burned by diablo were happy with the chip and programming?
  21. 4

clear headlamps for '91 X

Of course :) . There are both the standard clear corners and euro style clear corners and headlamp assembly that can be found on ebay with a simple search.
  22. 4

New front bumper

Like to see some picks for ideas. Think that you can post some pics up also bipolarbob?
  23. 4

Air Dam Swap

I have seen many first generation explorers with the 1993-1997 Ranger air dam / valance that has openings for the fog lamps. I would like to know if just that air dam or all aftermarket air dams for the 93-97 rangers will fit on first gen explorers.
Back