Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Stabilizer bar link swap

Can the links from a 1997 Explorer 4x4 v6 be put onto a 2004 of the same?
  2. 4

1998 Explorer 4.0 misfire...

Dont do that. Leave the filter be if your taking it in
  3. 4

Advice on 4.0 SOHC used engine

Pull a tranny bolt or look that up. not sure exactly what pitch and size it is
  4. 4

Advice on 4.0 SOHC used engine

Not to dis hearten you but this SOHC motor is unlike any motor you have probably encountered. At the very least you will want to make sure Your getting a 2001 engine for the swap. Im not evn sure if it matters for 2001 but you will want to replace the entire timing system with an updated timing...
  5. 4

starter issue?

Emotional roller coaster Im tellin ya. So I get the new starter and install it. I found a ground point on the block but behind the exhaust manny. I turn it over and it starts up,(and is running well surprisingly). Now I'm excited. I shut It down. Check for leaks. Start it again and its running...
  6. 4

Intake modification -opions wanted

Cant remember if it was the upper / lower intake bolts, or maybe the valve cover bolts that come NEW with the tips dipped in some form of light locktite like cement or rubber
  7. 4

Engine Cutting Out

It could be a dirty MAF sensor. You could try and clean it. Autopart store has a special spray cleaner. O2 sensor could be bad or catalytic converter plugged bogging you down slowly more and more everyday. You can try and disconnect one O2 sensor and see if it stops. If it does its probably the...
  8. 4

oil pressure sending unit cracked

Not that I can tell. i had it running for a bit until I hit another electrical issue and It shows mid gauge oil pressure. But my check gauge light is on along with check engine light. I'm in this far so I bought a scan tool. Getting it later today. I dont know how that sensor works mechanically...
  9. 4

Flex plate replacement possible without dropping trans?

And in order to drop the transmission you have to remove the transfer case. good times.
  10. 4

oil pressure sending unit cracked

Is this no good now? I assume it isn't. I hesitate to even try a remove it. I think it may crumble
  11. 4

Ranger motor swap questions

He wanted to know what the newest he could go to
  12. 4

plug wires

Have you had this truck a long time? Maybe someone hot wired it to fuse box or battery
  13. 4

Ranger motor swap questions

I believe 2001 is the newest you can go without quite a bit of modification.
  14. 4

starter issue?

Yes I did. I pulled the whole thing (Neg. Pos. cable is all taped together with the Fender solenoid connectors) in an harness. I pulled it all out to check for breaks in the wires and re tape it cause it was all dry rotted off there. I haven't re tested it yet because when I was hooking it back...
  15. 4

My first 4X4

That truck looks nice, but judging from that car in the background Id sniff around for drying glue lol
  16. 4

starter issue?

So to try and parrot what your saying. I should run the Neg. cable end to that back starter mounting nut completing the trifecta body/chassis/block. or do I still have to connect to Negative on the starter and then add that shorter cable extension? Sorry If I'm not picking up on this
  17. 4

Exhaust Manifold Studs - Dorman 03411

I have yet to find any with that Zinc coating on them. I think its zinc.
  18. 4

starter issue?

Thanks for info. this truck has been a crash course in just about every aspect of automotive repair. Im a bit confused about the grounding aspects of this main battery cable. The connection to the Bat. of course. Short wire to grille side ground. Short wire down near the bracket that holds the...
  19. 4

Starter

Its hard to get to, But its same size as bottom one should be
  20. 4

starter issue?

I have cross jumped the starter in the past, but i dont like doing it. I have always refered to the fender mounted solinoid as the starter relay. Less confusing. Anyway im going to clean up all contact points on starter and cables and see if it helps. Then it seems you basically just agree with...
  21. 4

Rear Blower and HVAC control wiring

I would try and search 97 XLT rear radio/blower wiring diagram or similar in image search on bing or google or whatever.
  22. 4

starter issue?

True or false: If the battery is fully charged, and when starting the relay clicks but does not crank.This means the solinoid or starter is shot, or lose connection? Are these only two possabilities?
  23. 4

Pcv hose issue....help

Yep. Its underneath the lower intake
  24. 4

98 Explorer SOHC Vacuum Leak

Yes. this^
  25. 4

Radio causing parasitic battery drain

Is that the stock stereo?
Back