Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Stock rim dimensions

OK, anyone know if a 265/60 R18 would fit without issues, and what the correct backspacing for said setup would be. Im assuming something in the 30-40mm range.
  2. B

Stock rim dimensions

Answered my own question Found this site Ford Explorer 2004 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs Says 17" rim, 7.5" wide, 5 lug 114.3mm/4.5in bolt pattern, 44mm offset
  3. B

Stock rim dimensions

My 04 explorer has the stock 17" rims but they are in bad shape, to the point of the bead being corroded that I have to add air every couple of days. Had a tire shop clean the beads so that took care of the leaking issue for now but next time I have to replace tires I want to replace the rims...
  4. B

Solved PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan

It does have one key programmed that I don't hold, but since I bought from a dealer, not private party, and it was out of state, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that a) the original still exists b) as there are 5 explorers on my street alone (one of which looks exactly identical) that someone would be...
  5. B

Solved PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan

OBDlink SX - Amazon (29.95) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 2x Keyblanks - Amazon (5.75 each + $4 shipping) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OZQDUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Keys cut a Walmart (3.80) 20 minutes time...
  6. B

Gear oil/diff and tran maintenance

Good to know about the weight change. What is the additive for the differential, i thought it was xl7 but i can't find online and really don't feel like going to the dealer, not close and haven't liked past dealings with them. What fluids are compatible with Mercon v?
  7. B

Gear oil/diff and tran maintenance

Looking to do a fair amount of fluid swaps as I have no idea how long since(if ever) they were done. I have an 04 xlt with 373 limited slip. Are both front and rear limited slip? Manual says front is 80-90w and rear is 75-90w, can you just use 75-90 in both. Any oils better than the other...
  8. B

Misfire/Lean codes

Nice thought but I don't think I have ever seen E85 for sale. One thing I'm starting to notice, maybe coincidence, but it seems like the warmer it is (over 50) is when it seems to have a more noticeable shake, where as when it is below freezing I don't really notice a shake at all.
  9. B

Misfire/Lean codes

Mine is almost opposite. Sometimes it will be fine idling in park but then in gear it will shake a little (and still shake when back in park). At this point its almost inconsistent. Definitely better after the plugs/wires/coil. As I've only had it a couple months I think I will try running...
  10. B

Misfire/Lean codes

Cleared all the codes and no new ones. Still has the shake at idle though if anyone has any suggestions on that, or at least what to even check over/look for.
  11. B

Misfire/Lean codes

Well I feel like an idiot. Funny that it ran better with the crossed wires then the replacement motor craft ones (those I replaced single wire at a time instead of doing all at once). Tomorrow I'll know better about it still running lean or the shake
  12. B

Misfire/Lean codes

I started a thread last week about an idle shake (see here) Changed the spark plugs (was planning on doing anyway) seemed to help slightly. Changed plug wires (motorcraft) and got worse/new problems. Changed to plug wires again (Napa) and new ignition coil. Not as bad as before but still...
  13. B

'04 shakes at idle

I have a 2004 explorer (4.0 v6, 4x4) that yesterday started shaking at idle. RPM's seem steady at idle, no issues when driving or RPMs are raised. No error codes. Any suggestions? ::edit- see new post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3495369 ::
  14. B

Mouting front license plate bracket

Found a write up, where did you get the parts? ebay?
  15. B

Looks good, is there a write up on those tow hooks, sounds like something I'd be interested in.
  16. B

Does it go just to the bumper cover or go through to the metal bar behind the cover?
  17. B

Foglight Bezel nuts

Anyone have the part number for the nuts that hold on the bezel around the foglights, the parts diagrams i tried to pull up werent very detailed. They gave me a new bezel when I got the car but the nuts arent in the packaging. Thanks for any help.
  18. B

Defrost blows cold

Just purchased a used explorer, knowing it had an issue with the heater blend door (constantly clicking, never got hot). Replaced the blend door actuator, get heat, but the defrost is constantly on when chosing any of the right option (defrost, defrost/floor, floor only) and seems to be blowing...
  19. B

How are the front plate brackets mounted on these, I purchased the bracket but it didn't have any hardware or instructions, and just want to get some info before just opening things up. Should there be some sort of padding between the two to keep from scratching the bumper?
Back