Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2016 Explorer - Dimming in instrument cluster on start up

Disconnecting the negative for 20 minutes definitely works. I went Christmas shopping tonight and I started the truck up 6 times and no dimming message. I hope this helps the other 2016 owners that don't like this flaw. AND, no settings were lost. Not even the clock!
  2. T

I'm pretty sure I solved this mystery. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for 20 minutes and then connected it again. I started the truck and no "dimming" message. You don't lose any settings either, like the radio presets or nav favorites, etc... I guess I'll have to avoid touching...
  3. T

With auto dim off, I still get it after a 20 minute wait before startup. What is your brightness setting? Mine is all the way up.
  4. T

I'm pretty sure I tried that already, but I'll try it again just to make sure. I'll let you know what I come up with.
  5. T

If I turn the truck off, it won't appear on a restart until the car sits about 20 minutes. Did you try that after 20 minutes? Also, I tried turning that auto dimming off as well. Didn't work for me.
  6. T

Settings? In My Ford touch? That's apples and oranges. My Ford Touch has nothing to do with auto dimming dash lights. If you're talking about a 2016 setting for lights in the left menu on the instrument cluster, that's all about exterior lights...daytime running lights and headlight timer after...
  7. T

A new problem in 2016's? Have you come across a solution for this?
  8. T

Yes, I just find it annoying. I like to see the tach at start up. My Ex didn't do this until I adjusted the brightness of the dash and now I see this message all the time.
  9. T

I've tried that already. Msft has no effect on the instrument panel dimming. That's only for where the navigation system is. Has no effect on the instrument panel dimming. That only controls where the navigation system / sync unit is. I've also tried holding down the dimmer switch to full...
  10. T

It has to do with the instrument panel lights. When I adjusted them with the controls just to the right of the lights switch, they said dimming when I was playing with them. Now it always says dimming at start up. It's so annoying. I wish I never touched them. I have them turned all the way up...
  11. T

When I start my Ex Sport, I see "dimming" in my instrument cluster. It will stay on for about 5 seconds if I don't press ok on the steering wheel to acknowledge the message. I'd rather not see this message all the time. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? My instrument lights are turned...
Back