Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Wrench of Doom is on and I am clueless

The shop that did the tune up used aftermarket coil pack, plugs, and wires. I have the V6. I am going to take her in tomorrow or Thursday and get them to diagnose her. Just so upset about this!
  2. H

Wrench of Doom is on and I am clueless

Hello all ... hoping someone can give me some guidance before I take my poor girl in. I know she'll have to go but I want to make sure I am not setting myself up to be scammed. My 2007 Ex with 165,000 miles has had some odd issues over the past couple years, including hesitation/stuttering...
  3. H

Still having problems with 07 Explorer XLT

I added the Sea Foam yesterday and took Matilda for a nice long ride. She did much better or at least it seems that way. Didn't even run into the hesitation and bucking while going up a steep hill. I did have a small hesitation today while on the road but nothing like what I've been...
  4. H

You guys are the best! I don't have a garage so the weather hasn't been conducive to me working on it and with trying to get my karate school open and running, time has been limited to go to my ex-husband's and use his garage. I did take Matilda for a good long ride last night as I had to go...
  5. H

Would you please give me a little more detail as to what you mean? I don't understand how to do this.
  6. H

The connection to the coil pack pulls off with almost no effort. You don't even have to really press the little clips. It also seems "wobbly" for lack of a better term. I haven't checked the plug yet because I don't have the tools here. When the coil pack, plugs and wires were done last year...
  7. H

The last time I posted, everyone was a great help. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with my poor Matilda. Approximately a year and a half ago, I was sitting at a light when she shuddered horribly and didn't want to take off when the light changed. I pulled over into a big truck...
  8. H

Several Problems

Thank you all so much who took the time to read and answer! I took it in today to a trusted mechanic and the radiator does need to be replaced. I had thought that might be the case but had hoped otherwise. They are going to put in all new hoses as well as the ones with it are original. The...
  9. H

Several Problems

I don't think I have rear heat and A/C because those would have separate controls right? There is only a vent at the bottom of the console in the rear seating area. One thing I did notice that a friend mentioned, there seems to be a spray pattern that I can see on the hoses on the driver...
  10. H

Several Problems

Thank you for the fast replies! Matilda is the V6. Problem #1 - I forgot to state that they did change the wires. Everything was still factory. Problem #2 - May sound completely stupid but I had no idea there were heater lines in the back. What do those look like so I know what I am...
  11. H

Several Problems

I am going to keep reading while I wait but I wanted to post because it's just about time for me to take Matilda in and get some work done (yes, I named her). If I need to post these separately, let me know and I will do so. Matilda has 145,000 miles. I bought her used from a lot so have no...
  12. H

New Member - 2007 Explorer

Hello, My name is Holly and I have the above Explorer. Love my truck but am having some problems. I don't have a ton of money and I don't want to waste money either. I can do some things myself and may even be able to do more than I think. I am looking forward to meeting you all...
Back