Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2020 Explorer Front-End Rattle / Clunk Over Bumps or Rough Surface

Yeah but if you prefer a quiet truck then go test drive Tesla Cybertruck for about the same amount of price but I think that they offer $7,500 off and maybe some other discounts. Ford is known to have rattles and noises from inside the door panels to outside parts like suspension.
  2. F

2020 Explorer ST lunges back and forth after takeoff

I think i spilled some liquid by accident in the center console. Do you think that I will have to pay for diagnostics or will the dealership cover it. My 3 year 36,000 warranty was recently up.
  3. F

2020 Explorer ST lunges back and forth after takeoff

It is the second time it has happened. 1st time it was me only in the car and second time I picked up a person and when I took off in an Explorer when it made sudden acceleration, I was pressing on brakes and it was basically going back on forth. Really strange. Never had any issues with an...
  4. F

Broken front cup holder

Why cant Ford give like 4 years / 50K miles basic warranty like other car manufacturers do like BMW when purchasing a new vehicle.
  5. F

New Member from Ye Olde England with a new 2023 ST-Line in GA with rust spots on the bodywork.........

When I picked up my car in September on 2019 after work it was getting dark. I asked the dealer that I want to inspect the car before taking it home. My dealer told me not to worry if there are any scratches or anything, Ford gives 7 days to return the car or they will fix it for free.
  6. F

200 Miles and already disappointed.

I have no issues with my 2020 ST but my dealership did tell me that there are 7 days to return the brand new truck if it has any defects.
  7. F

Ford Explorer ST Performance Calibration Revealed: +30HP With Factory Warranty Retained

Has anyone have this tune installed on their ST? I would kind of feel on a safe side if it's installed by Ford as they will give warranty and be responsible if something happened to turbos or tranny or anything related to adding that tune. If I buy another tune and install it myself I might run...
  8. F

Touchscreen is black

I usually just give it a little slap and then the screen wakes up.
  9. F

Ford Explorer ST Performance Calibration Revealed: +30HP With Factory Warranty Retained

Does anyone know if this tune is available at a Ford dealership as of now? Does that $825 include labor? 52 torque increase sound pretty good making ST run at 467 torque.
  10. F

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Ford dealership sales manager told me that they are making so much money by offering extended warranties that they are more profitable then actually selling the cars themselves.
  11. F

2023 Ford Explorer Order Guide

Yea, that does not make any sense.
  12. F

XLT to ST is it worth it?

Why with premium fuel? I have an ST and I never put in premium fuel. 87 regular is what ST needs.
  13. F

Not a glowing report on the 2022 Ex.

Fat finger? Is that a bad thing or a good thing?
  14. F

Yeah, but they are talking about XLT not an ST. ST has an excellent transmission. Out of tens of thousands of ST sold, there have been only a few that had transmission issues.
  15. F

Explorer does not have a high ride quality they say
  16. F

Multiple suspension noises

Once I installed by Borla exhaust I no longer hear any suspension noises. This issue has been resolved for me 1 year ago.
  17. F

ST Street Pack vs Track Pack High Performance Package

The difference is just that track pack gets different "brake pads". The brakes and the routers are the same size in the ST. Brake pads and labor to install them is why they are like 600 bucks more expensive.
  18. F

Looking to buy 2022 Explorer

My wife is 4'9", no major issues so far.
  19. F

Scheduling an appointment for a recall

I called Dana Ford, one of the biggest Ford dealerships in the East and I was trying to schedule an appointment for a rear camera recall and exhaust rattle. They told me that my appointment will be in 2 month. Has anyone else experienced these long wait times? Maybe the pandemic has hit the...
  20. F

Mishimoto's Explorer ST Catch Can Thread

ST does not need a catch can. They already come with an internal catch can my FORD mechanic said.
  21. F

Any tips on air filter change on 2020 XLT?

Does anyone know which air filter is recommended for 2020 Explorer?
  22. F

New/Used Ford Explorer Purchase, which option?

Go for the ST, even the BMW drivers and Mercedes Benz drivers are starting to know not to mess with the ST model.
  23. F

Advantages of using an oil catch can! Here's the proof.

Yeah, leasing was too expensive. I basically gave a little over 20K for a 3 year lease on a 2016 Explorer sport. At the end someone was really lucky to buy my Sport Explorer for like 40 percent off from MSRP only when a car was 3 years old maybe even a better deal.
Back