Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

4.0 SOHC Metal Thermostat Housing Comparison

I tried your link & I don't see part numbers for the TWO clip-in version temp sensors. Looking at AutoZone: Grey one- Duralast SU2301 https://www.autozone.com/engine-management/coolant-temperature-sensor/p/duralast-coolant-temperature-sensor-su2301/364419_0_0 Brown/Red one- Duralast TU330...
  2. Y

4.0 SOHC Metal Thermostat Housing Comparison

Can you scroll thru RockAuto and post up the page with the metal/cast unit the two-sensor version? Sadly I replaced mine with a Motorcraft version back in 2018 when I did the water-pump & now I see the bottom half has spider-cracking somewhere is changing a shade-of-black indicating it might...
  3. Y

Driver side door adjustment! HELP!

Can you reference a part number, using say RockAuto/eBay/Amazon/Autozone sites? That's why I'm asking... I figured that involves replacing the entire upper & lower hinge assembly. I actually don't know what exactly I should be looking for to order
  4. Y

Driver side door adjustment! HELP!

I know this thread is "OLD"... But I am having a different issue but it's also a TWO-Door body [2001 version] Initially when I go to pull/close the DRIVER side door it, does not line up with the body striker/lock. I have to grab the inside door handle & pull up and slam shut. FROM the...
  5. Y

Water Pump Holes Stripped HELP!!

This thread popped up first when I tried searching for a solution to "stripped water pump bolts 4.0L"... Mine is a 4.0L SOHC [2-door Explorer Sport] and I replaced my original water pump literally four years ago... AND I barely got 30/40K miles before it started leaking... I got a deal on a...
  6. Y

'01 Sport 2-Door Version 4x4 Weird Electric/Electronic Issues

I was just going to risk/spend $ on a used one off eBay.... thinking of trying XL2T-14B205-CC even though mine is the 2-door version.... I tried Tasca but the guy on the phone wouldn't help me other than price & availability only
  7. Y

Snow/Ice Tires '00 Explorer Sport on OE 16"s

2 years later.... Time for new snow tires....This time.... 255/70R16 Discoverer M+S
  8. Y

'01 Sport 2-Door Version 4x4 Weird Electric/Electronic Issues

Truck Info: 2001 Explorer Sport 2-Door Version 4x4 Stock 100K+ miles Not the orginal owner/little-to-no history All headlights/signals/brake-lights operate Overdrive button functions & dash lights up normally All dash lights function at start-up & when "running" So I have been searching all...
  9. Y

Crappy idle on startup

It's been quite awhile- Instead I bought parts: New Idle Control Valve BOTH Fel-Pro Upper & Lower Plastic-Manifold Gaskets New rear PCV valve/hose/tubing assembly New Motorcraft Platinum Spark Plugs Both K & N fuel filter and Motorcraft fuel filter Autozone-special DIS coil assembly...
  10. Y

new shocks. oh yeah!

I was thinking of these for the rear: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AMCBDQ?colid=2674JN9KOHD0O&coliid=I24XCCK117ZMTA&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl But was thinking later down the road installing a catback exhaust system.... wondering if this will be a problem due to clearance issues....
  11. Y

Crappy idle on startup

I'm having the same issue but have not connected my scanner to see what code its throwing.... > -On Cold Cold Mornings- I actually have to keep my foot on the gas to keep it at or above 1500 rpm or the engine dies.... then after roughly few minutes it will idle on its own but rough. Then...
  12. Y

Ended up going with Firestone Winterforce UV 255/70R16 tires.... So far so good this winter.... But now I can't tell if the 4x4 engages using the selector switch & no dash light turns on...
  13. Y

So I gotta question: Recently picked up a Y2K Explorer Sport 4wd w/ OE 16" for winter duties- But I'm looking at either go with 245/70R16 or 255/70R16 General Altimax Arctic tires I found this post but it is closed now- http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182068...
Back