Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Not sure why the fast turn around, maybe I just don’t have the patience I should have. I called them last Thursday and he said that Ford had authorized the hood to be replaced but couldn’t say if it was covered at no cost to me or not and was going to check on that and call back by the end of...
  2. W

Just got off the phone with it’s the service manager at Future Ford in Roseville. Ford will take care of it with a new hood no cost to me. Thanks everyone for your help.
  3. W

I’m re-reading the warranty. Found it on page 11.
  4. W

If you read the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty on body and paint you’ll see that it only covers paint if there is perforation. The bubbling paint is caused by iron particulate contamination of the aluminum when painted. It’s called galvanic corrosion and does not cause perforation of the...
  5. W

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

We bought a 2016 Explorer new at the end of 2015 knowing that the water pump could be a concern. I do all my own work and change the oil every 3000 to 3500 miles with full synthetic. I look it over every time. I did buy the extended warranty package and take it in to the dealer every other...
  6. W

Wow, this looks like it’s been an on going problem for the last 5 to 6 years. Just noticed on our, just barely out of warranty 2016 Explorer, the same bubbling paint on the front lower of the hood. Doesn’t look like Ford has done anything to remedy this issue at the source. Don’t know if I...
  7. W

We’re do I go to find out information about this class action suit so I can be prepared if or when it happens to mine. I’m already having problems with the paint bubbling on the hood from the aluminum getting contaminated before painting. Thing is only a little more than 3 years old.
  8. W

Anyone out there experience the paint bubbling on the front of the hood? We have a 2016 Explorer with only 24,000 miles on it but 4 months out of the 36,000/3 year factory warranty. We just noticed the paint bubbling at the bottom front of the hood. I've been googling this issue and it seems...
  9. W

Changing heater/A/C temperature

Hello again, its been awhile since I've been on. We have a 2016 Ford Explorer and love it. Recently however I have noticed when driving that the temperature of the air coming from the heater or air conditioning will change when decelerating or accelerating. It seems to heat up when showing or...
  10. W

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

Probably lucky the guy didn't steal it.
  11. W

I'm interested to know what kind of a video system you used. I thinks it's a good idea.
  12. W

I don't know how he could stand with an employee who is belittling a customer. I bet they wouldn't want it submitted to the 5 o:clock news.
  13. W

I'd take that video and have a sit down with the general manager of that dealership and in no uncertain terms let him know you are prepared to take it further if you don't get some satisfaction.
  14. W

What happened to the 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty?
  15. W

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

I was in the same situation a few months ago. Look at a website called CarComplaints.com. It shows the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee with a lot of transmissions troubles. I understand the 3.6 pentistar v6 has also been changed so first year changes throw up a read flag for me. We went with...
  16. W

Questions about our new 2016 Explorer

MikB Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. Good to know its there. Wes.
  17. W

Thanks everyone for commenting on this. We did purchase the extended warranty along with the ford free maintainence program. I will still be doing maintainence more frequently than factory recommendation, especially the engine oil, trams service and especially coolant. Over my 35 years as a...
  18. W

4fordfamily I agree with your statement. I did my research with this purchase and coming from the jeep product line that has issues with it 4.7 & 3.7 engines I found the Ford Explorer over all to have the least amount of chronic drive train problem. At least according to information on...
  19. W

Hello everyone. We took delivery of our new 2016 Explorer a few weeks ago and as the auto tech I am, 35 years ASE certified, I have been under, in and over this vehicle. Coming from Dodge's and Jeeps this one is a little different to me not to mention 12 years newer than our jeep we traded...
  20. W

Finally Decided on a 2016, V-6

I thought they were quite comfortable. I didn't sit in the back rows because I don't plan on sitting there when were driving but I thought the front seats were comfortable. Were coming from a jeep Liberty so probably most anything would be more comfortable. I thought the Edge was less...
  21. W

Finally Decided on a 2016, V-6

Well after our test drives and about 5 hours at the dealer we purchased an loaded XLT Explorer. Actually its suppose to be delivered this week. Its in transit. We purchased from Future Ford in Roseville, Ca. and I have to say it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Salesmen...
  22. W

Symptoms of bad front strut bearings?

I don't know if the vehicle had this style of sway bar links or not but they can cause a clunking sounds that will sound like a strut support bearing. They connect from the end of the sway bar to the, usually, the lower control arm. They look like a mini tie rod in that they have a ball joint...
  23. W

explorer 2016 Base from Hell

I couldn't agree more. I am just a little guy who works out of his garage at home for the last 25 years but I work on everything and everything has issues. I've owned Fords, Dodges, Jeep, GM, Honda and a Geo Metro that was the best little car I have ever owned. However, I have had issues with...
  24. W

We wouldn't have seven people all that often. Mostly just our two granddaughters who are still in car seats. It would still provide more room than our 5 passenger Jeep Liberty. Three in the back seat of it are packed in there.
Back