Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

New owners!

The front license plate holder on the 2016 was a really design. It basically holds the plate from the bottom instead of the top! I ended up just attaching it by making new holes with the license plate screws so it is connected from the top. I don't think the plastic plate frame was able to turn...
  2. P

Condensation in headlights?

Yep I agree on the venting...but to have condensation constantly build up in the housing is bad. Imagine that condensation on the bulbs constantly and them coming on and burning off. The other thing that gets in an improperly sealed headlight assembly is dust.
  3. P

Hmm ok this will be the first vehicle I have owned that would have condensation in the lens area then.
  4. P

I would take it back to the dealer and have them replace the headlight housings. They are supposed to be sealed units (for the most part) and should not have condensation building up in them at all. It is odd however that both of them have condensation. I saw a brand new corvette at the gas...
  5. P

My new ride - 2016 Sport

Congrats! We have the exact same 2016 Sport and we had the dealer throw in the center console for it. The buckets in the second row look MUCH better than the bench seat IMO. My wife loves driving it (since it is for her) and she has named it Ladybug (she loves ladybugs of course...lol).
  6. P

Pre-Collision Assist Not Available

That's good news hope that took care of the issue.
  7. P

Wife hears a rattle...

You are welcome!:D
  8. P

capless fuel filler frozen

All that is great but it is not fixing the issue. It may be time to have that seal checked.
  9. P

CD Eject Button?

I believe there is a little triangle button with a line under it above where you put in the CD...that should be the eject button. to insert the cd just start pushing it in the opening and it will pull the disc in.
  10. P

2.7 vs 3.5 litre Ecoboost ?

I have heard really good things about the 2.3L egoboost and how quickly the turbo spools up. We got the Sport because I wanted the 3.5L egoboost. You should test drive the 2.3L...it will surprise you. Edit: I meant 2.3L but my coffee hadn't kicked in yet this morning.:thumbsup:
  11. P

Wife hears a rattle...

That night it did seem like it was coming from the passenger door area.
  12. P

No one said empty the can in the tank...if you spray a bit on the latch it will in no way contaminate the fuel. Here's a video on it and he also mentions a bad fuel door seal.http://youtu.be/JlK2qekqX5s
  13. P

Wife hears a rattle...

Ok thanks all I will start by looking in those areas. Sometimes finding these things can take forever. It may be easier if she lets me DRIVE it!...lol
  14. P

Gear Position Display

I agree it would be nice to feel to see it as a selectable option all the time.:thumbsup:
  15. P

Wife hears a rattle...

Welp...after driving around in the EX last night my wife has tuned in her bionic hearing to a rattle somewhere on her new vehicle. Somewhere in the cab by the passenger seating area. The funny part is she came out of that G37S convertible where EVERYTHING rattled for the top assembly to one that...
  16. P

Carry a little can of WD40 and spray around the flap etc. They can get stuck with road debris.
  17. P

Gear Position Display

Yep I tried we tried it last night and it is there...I am ok with that. The only real reason for me is I am just used to always seeing it there and got used to it.
  18. P

Gear Position Display

If it does then I wonder why they don't have it available as an option to show them all the time?
  19. P

2016 Keyless Entry Issue in Rain

I agree that it might not be the best of ideas to leave the key in the car...but no one is going to randomly know you did that. That sucks to hear about the keypad...I normally only use this feature when I run out to the car from in the house to get something or when my wife would have it in hwe...
  20. P

Pre-Collision Assist Not Available

Ugh sorry to hear about your issues...I hope this gets resolved quickly.
  21. P

2 awesome Explorer Accesories (must haves)

YEs they do...it isn't listed for the 2016 yet however I am sure the cargo area has not changed from 2015. I will have to give them a call. Thanks for the upgrade info everyone...I will definitely be purchasing the black cargo liner!! We were talking about that very thing the other day about...
  22. P

Gear Position Display

Yes that is what I am talking about...in my F150 the gears are ALWAYS showing on my dash so I know if I am in 6th or 5th etc. I know I have the select shift transmission with the F150 but was just missing that in the Explorer. I did not know they show when using the paddle shifting, I will have...
  23. P

Gear Position Display

Do any of you wish that the gear selection showed up on the display like it does for the F150? Since you cannot select a gear on the Explorer besides S...I sure wish I could see the gear I am in etc. With hill decent control you would think you can see it.
Back