Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Anyone want to buy my LPG converted EX ?

Shipping gets a bit expensive I guess :D :D :D
  2. I

Liquified Petrolium gas , like the sort of thing you can fire your bar-b-q up on .Because 'Phoney Blair' and his pals tax us on petrol so much over here :mad: in the UK(nearly £4 a gallon or $7 !!!)LPG is fast becoming a cheaper alternative because it's not so heavilly taxed and therefore it's...
  3. I

It's time for her to go chaps , so I thought I'ld just see if any of you fellow UK owners fancied changing to a North face model with A professional LPG (LPGA Certificate) conversion , or knew of anyone looking for a nice tidy Ex. With LPG at around 40p a litre ,in money terms I get about 36...
  4. I

Lets see a photo of your UK Ex and any mods

Mines here http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=1020 ;)
  5. I

Alders Automotive Services

Always handy to know :thumbsup:
  6. I

Another uk newbie

welcome :thumbsup:
  7. I

Come on UK X Owners...we have our own area!

:chug: :uk: :burnout: cool
  8. I

New 2 the board

Welcome :uk:
  9. I

Hi everyone, new member from the United Kingdom!

Welcome from another UK owner ,give ebay a try for parts in the UK I've bought brake pads and plugs from the UK site a lot cheaper than from Ford 'stealers'. Good luck and keep your eyes peeled on here for a good bunch of helpful people :thumbsup:
  10. I

Selling help from the Brits please

Looks like you've made your mind up by now :D can't see you selling it for £7,000 with out it sitting around for a while :(
  11. I

Selling help from the Brits please

Just to give you an idea I bought my 99 Northface with 58k on the clock last Sept and I paid £7900 ish , I guess the prices have fallen a bit since then so I guess £7000 Is a good start , but be prepared to drop it . Have a look on Ebay and do a search of completed listings to see what price...
  12. I

Uk Mpg

Cost me just over £1500 for the conversion (quotes ranged upto £2000), done by an approved LPGA installer I reckon if you do 10,000 miles a year you will start getting your money back towards the end of year 2 , so you've got to be looking to keep the car for a while or do higher milage to get...
  13. I

UK Owners, Clubs or Meets...

I don't notice any difference between running LPG or Petrol , Lpg is half the price and I average about 17.5mpg running LPG as opposed to 19mpg when it was runnig on petrol . 70 litres(16 gallons ) does me about 280 miles and costs me £25 :D But remember the initial outlay of about £1500 to...
  14. I

Changed the Tranny valve body gaskets-Results

:rolleyes: :nono: :rolleyes:
  15. I

Another transmission question

Thanks Glacier :thumbsup:
  16. I

UPDATE....Truck went into local garage last Thursday(hadn't been playing up for a few days) they changed the ATF fluid and tightened up the valve body bolts while they had the pan off ......lasted 1/2 a day and it's back to flaring up from 2nd to 3rd again :confused: Looks like it's time to...
  17. I

Iac???

I know it is a bit difficult getting info on the EX over here in the UK Haynes do a manual which covers it ,and will help shedding light on a few things, just over £10 from Amazon :thumbsup: click here Dave
  18. I

Changed the Tranny valve body gaskets-Results

Gcrop does it seem to be working fine now (I think I've got the same symptoms :mad: )? Dave
  19. I

Engine Stalling

Might be worth getting the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) cleaned , quite easy to do DIY with some carb cleaner http://www.explorer4x4.com/tips.htm#mas http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/hinttips/fordplexpr.htm you can get a code reader(OBDII type) quite cheap from the US Ebay site you just need to...
  20. I

Jeep wheels on my Ex ?

Thanks j602 :thumbsup:
  21. I

Jeep wheels on my Ex ?

Yep I mean stock wheels , excuse a stupid question but what's back spacing ? Is it sort of how far out the wheel sticks ? :confused: Dave
  22. I

Jeep wheels on my Ex ?

Sorry if it's been asked before but do Jeeps have the same stud pattern as my 99 Explorer ?if so, can you see a problem if I were to put some on ? My main reason for asking is my wheels are quite badly corroded (poor lacquer on the UK Northface edition )and there are so many more Jeeps over...
  23. I

I appreciate all of the replies guys :thumbsup: , It's so hard finding info on the exploer over here in the UK , the last thing I want to do is let it go near to a Ford 'stealership' and be ripped off by some school kid who will just want to bolt on new parts :mad: . I've got a local garage...
  24. I

Thx guys :thumbsup:
Back