Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2006 EB V8 Explorer brake job cost

Believe it or not I am at 145,000 miles on the original rotors,calipers and only the second set of pads on my 2006 Ford Explorer V8! Pretty impressive! It's time to put new rotors, pads and maybe calipers as well. Any idea ballpark what this should run me at the dealership? I have a good Ford...
  2. S

High mileage maintenance advice for 06 V8?

Thanks for the advice. Good suggestions. Engine runs like new so I think I will hold off on the coil packs. PCV valve and O2 sensors make sense. Why the differentials?
  3. S

High mileage maintenance advice for 06 V8?

I just turned 130k miles on my 2006 V8 Eddie Bauer. I am the original owner and still love my Explorer! I have followed the factory maintenance schedule since new and have probably gone above and beyond what was required. Oil changed religiously every 3k, plugs done at 60k and 120k, radiator...
  4. S

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

103k on my 06 EB V8 and it runs like new. Original owner and still love the truck!
  5. S

Never have to change the transmission oil? Fact or fiction???

I am the original owner on my 2006 Explorer with the 4.6 and I had the dealer flush the transmission at both 30k and 60k. I just hit 90k and just brought the truck to have the pan dropped, filter changed and fluid replaced. I figured at 90k miles the filter should be replaced and pan dropped...
  6. S

New addition

The white is beautiful! Congrats.
  7. S

08 4.6l exhaust manifold leak, snapped bolts

I am assuming they did not break any bolts as the repair was done in a few hours and the heads were not removed. It was the passenger side manifold which I think is the easier of the two to work on as far as space.
  8. S

I didn't ask him if they broke any studs off. Honestly, I did not want to know! :) The tech was one of their deisel guys and was very meticulous.
  9. S

I am 100% satisfied with the Premier Warranty. Yes it is through Ford. I actually bought it on line from a dealer in New Hampshire! Very easy and not that expensive for what it covers. I think it was ~$1500 when I purchased it. This recent repair would have probably been at least $1000 or...
  10. S

Final Update!!! Picked up the truck today and wow, what a difference! No more ticking and no more wheel bearing noise. I have a new truck again! It ended up being a cracked passenger side exhaust manifold and a bad drivers side wheel bearing. Kudos to Pompano Ford-Lincoln for taking care of...
  11. S

Dealer Fuel Saver Package?

Thanks for all the replies. I tend to agree with all of you. I don't mind paying them to do the fuel filter as that is important and not that much money. The rest of the items seem like a profit center for the dealership!
  12. S

Dealer Fuel Saver Package?

Has anyone been offered the fuel saver package at their Ford dealer for $209? It includes a new fuel filter, throttle body cleaning, fuel injector cleaning and computer updates to the engine? The fuel filter is done every 30k miles which makes sense but not sure if the other items are gimmics...
  13. S

Update! Took the Explorer to another Ford dealer today for the ticking noise as well some front wheel bearing noise. They confirmed both issues and are replacing the exhaust manifold'(s) and front left wheel bearing under my Premier warranty. It is nice when a dealer actaully wants to do...
  14. S

No doubt about that! Will keep you posted on my outcome.
  15. S

Wheel bearings

Why didn't they cover the bearings? Which plan do you have? I have the Premier and it said wheel bearings are a covered part! Mine are humming pretty good and I was going to take the truck in soon to have them changed. They better be covered!
  16. S

Getting ready to bring in my 06 Eddie Bauer V8 with 75k on it that I have owned since new to have the Ticking noise looked at again as I am 99% sure it is a leaking manifold. I brought it to the local dealer 6 months ago and they said the Ticking noise is normal and that nothing could be done...
  17. S

Engine Ticking Noise 2006 4.6 EB

It sure sounds like an exhaust leak on my Explorer also but the dealer said it was not the manifold. I am not convinced though. Frustrating!
  18. S

I use nothing but Motorcraft parts on my truck.
  19. S

Can someone help me find the engine date code and decipher it to? I see a metal plate with numbers on the valve cover drivers side. Is this right? Thanks.
  20. S

I was curious about the TSB above but need to check my engine build date. I am assuming the dealer would have checked if this TSB when the truck was in?
  21. S

Did your noises occur out of no where or have it always made the noise? Mine is pretty loud also. It echoes off the houses when you accelerate down the street! This can't be normal.
  22. S

My 2006 V8 EB started the annoying engine ticking noise at start up about 3-4 months ago or ~65k miles. It definetly sounds like lifters or an exhaust leak mainly coming from the passenger side wheel well. It increases with engine RPM and lasts until the engine is warm (a few minutes). I have...
  23. S

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Well I had the new 08-24-4 TSB done today and the 1-2 shift is as smooth as the day I drove the Explorer home! What a difference! This is how my truck is supposed to shift. What a shame it took Ford so many TSB's to finally get it right. Sucks I had to pay for it also today! Oh well, just...
  24. S

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Great info everyone! I had the same jolting issue when you came to a stop with my 2006 EB V8 and had two different TSB's done in early 2007. It fixed the jolting issue but I did notice the car shifted very hard from 1-2 after the flash. I didn't complain though as I was happy to get rid of...
  25. S

Fender Flares?

Anyone have a good web site or source for fender flares on a 2004 4 door XLT?
Back