Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

I just ordered this.

Realy old thread. I think that I originaly had picture or a link to, forever black.
  2. C

Scan Tool

No, I have not used it yet on my 94 X. I have only used it on my 98 Dodge Ram with OBDII. On the Dodge I can read Rpm's, engine temp, O2 sensor values, Tps value, and a few other things. I don't think you can see live data on pre ODBII. Check out Actron.com for specks.
  3. C

Scan Tool

On 2005-03-16 13:06, caddybill wrote: I just bought this one IT's the Actron CP9145 it can read codes and view live engine data parameters. I got it for $159 on sale and with a rebate.
  4. C

2002 Escape Dealer service problem

Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup: At what rpm does it kick in? And does it do it in drive as well?
  5. C

2002 Escape Dealer service problem

My sister just bought an 02 Escape with the 6 cylinder. In neutral if you blip the throttle to about 3 grand it stumbles. It sound like an exhaust leak and a misfire combined. The only reason I tried this was because it seamed to run rough under a WOT run. Now for the problem. She brought it...
  6. C

Does anything have experience in powdercoating?

From what i've heard you have to use an electric oven or a heat lamp to cure it. Some guy's will use an old oven for this and keep in in the garage, just wheel it outside when needed.
  7. C

I just ordered this.

I just ordered this for the bumpers of my Dodge truck and will also use it on the fadded plastic door handles on my X. I had heard good things about it on another forum.
  8. C

1998 Ram 2500

It looks like I will be picking this 98 Ram 2500 this friday. I have been looking all over the net for a good message board that deals with them. I found a few of them but non were very informative, anyone have any ideas.
  9. C

Hella 500s on Grizzly Oval Guard 1st Gen

I just put my hella's on and was not sure about puting the switch where you did. Now that I see the pics I will do the same. Nice work.
  10. C

AutoZone shackles??

I have also had them on for a few years. Got them at auto zone but they are not made by them. I think they are called universal lift shackles. Not the best pic but you get the idea.
  11. C

Provide info if you can...

Add a fire extinguisher above the rear cubby.
  12. C

Anyone know boat engines?

We have the Clymer shop manual is that the same as the OMC? I don't like it very much.
  13. C

What about testing the contacts on the top of the crank? (don't know name)
  14. C

That’s the problem sometimes I get zapped and sometimes I don’t. We intermittently get no spark. Take a look at my previous post for more symptoms.
  15. C

Yes it is the V6, not sure of the year. I will have to check it out. We rebiult the carbs except for the floats. The linkage is not binding and the oil mix seams to be working. We have not replaced the fuel pump. How do you ck the coil packs?
  16. C

Coil pack, I think. Come to think of it it may be worse as it gets warmer. We have changed the thermostats.
  17. C

We are having two intermittent problems. One is no spark in two or more cylinders. The other may be a fuel problem. Initially we have it running well after a tune up but it would bog down at fuel throttle. We cleaned, replaced some wiring at the coils and it ran like a champ. Then we had a no...
  18. C

I hope this is the right forum for this. Does any have any experiance with a Evinrude johnson 185 out board engine? My brother inlaw and I are having some problems and nned help.
  19. C

Blown Transmission

I just paid $1800+tax last week. It took 2 days.
  20. C

Anyone ever see this happen?(leaf spring broke)

I just spoke to Skyjacker, they said to go through the company I bought from. So I called 4wheel parts.com They said I have to purchase a new one at $66.99 +tax and then return the broken one for a full refund. So in the end it will cost me shipping of about $14 for 2 new leafs. Not too bad...
  21. C

Your right that does look like the AAL I got from Skyjacker. Do they have any sort of guarantee on their parts? I have only had it for about two years.
  22. C

I did not think that leaf springs could be broken on a passenger vehicle. I have heard of them breaking on big trucks and buses but not on an X. Look at he 2nd one up from the bottom. BTW anyone have a replacement?
  23. C

Can I bypass AC comp w/ new belt?

I was under the impression that you could get an x with out AC. And it just uses a smaller belt.
  24. C

What's the best place to buy new full length rocker panels?

Supposedly this is the same stuff that some manufactures use at the factory. Thats good enough for me.
  25. C

What's the best place to buy new full length rocker panels?

How about these? I am going to have to do a bit of surgery myself and this it what I have been looking at. But instead of welding I may use this new Structural Adhesive from 3M.
Back