Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Shifting issues - 2008 V8

Torque is Android, IIRC the best iOS equivalent is Dash Command. At least that's what I always see recommended, as I only use Android.
  2. C

Need advice: considering used Explorer, which is best

Yeah I wish I had waited for a 09-10 V8. However it should be noted the Explorer never got the "final version" of the 6R80 that came out in 11 or so. In that version they made quite a few changes to fully resolve the 1-2 and 2-1 shift issues common on the 6R60 and early 6R80.
  3. C

The 6R80 has a stronger torque converter and clutch packs they also updated some internals to resolve some of shift issues on the 6R60. The transmission tuning is also different.
  4. C

07 Eddie Bauer V8

Just got the call from the body shop, they are saying $6300 in damage to the Exploder. Might be totaled.... Waiting to hear back from the insurance company to be sure.
  5. C

07 Eddie Bauer V8

Who knows, he said his foot slipped off the brake pedal.
  6. C

07 Eddie Bauer V8

Welp was rear-ended today on the way home in some traffic on the highway. Could have been a lot worse had he not swerved to the right.... all 3 of our cars have now been hit by no fault of our own in the last 12 months :( IMG_20180813_173910 by christobal65, on Flickr IMG_20180813_173918 by...
  7. C

Yeah but it makes a bit more a of a difference than you'd expect. Anyways my ideal 4th gen would be a 09-10, V8, 4x4, tow package, Eddie Bauer/ limited for the info center, dark interior, light exterior, manual 3rd row seats.
  8. C

I think they are only required to post the most common configuration for each engine/drive configuration (4wd and 2wd). You'll notice the F150 which has about 5 axle ratios to choose from only lists 2 ratings for each engine, one 4wd and the other 2wd. About the only time they certify a...
  9. C

V6 tow package in 2009 & 2010 still had 3.73 axle ratio. The V8 went to only 3.55 in 06 as the short 1st gear of the 6spd made up for the taller final drive ratio.
  10. C

That's only half true the V6 with the 3.55 typically gets better mpg than the V8 but the V8 typically gets similar mileage to the V6 with the 3.73
  11. C

They are also fairly difficult to find as no one wanted a 15mpg 50k midsized suv during the height of the recession. This is why I have an 07 :confused:
  12. C

6R80 Transmission Question O/D

Honestly I'd say both the before and after mpg is still within the 'normal' range. I only ever see above 16 on all highway with speeds below 70mph. Towing a 15+ft open cargo trailer drops me down to 12ish. Here's pretty much all the miles ang gas I've put through mine in the 2 years I've owned...
  13. C

2006 4.6L V8 Eddie Bauer Towing Question

Here you go, a couple of different angles ...
  14. C

Yep I agree it looks like it does but the add on 7pin is interesting to me. I went out and looked at my GVWR sticker and it is within 5lbs of the one posted.
  15. C

U1900 Mystery

Did you clear the codes after you fixed the abs problem and the codes came back?
  16. C

I'd like to see a picture of the 2" receiver and the underside of receiver area. Mine looks different from what he posted. I also think based on the GVWR on the label he posted I don't think that one has the tow package but I'll have to check the GVWR on mine to be sure. Here's a picture of mine.
  17. C

Yep as long as it had the 2" receiver it has the factory tow package. It also gives you a pre-wired 4 and 7 pin trailer connector and pre-wiring for an electric brake controller. It also has an external transmission cooler. If you do buy one and go to hook up the brake controller the connector...
  18. C

Rear Differential not limited slip?

Very true and to add on its why vehicles with locking diffs have them as selectable. Traditional LSD have fallen out of favor with manufacturers as they are expensive, complex and decrease fuel efficiency. For most people the brake based LSD, like Ford's Advance Track traction control, is more...
  19. C

Replacing Stock Wranglers with BFG KO2’s

I run the Cooper Discovery AT3 in P265/70/16 on my 4x4 explorer overall I'm pretty happy with them. They are a lot heavier than the stock Forteras and louder. They have much better wet and dry grip though. I've also been impressed with the snow and dirt grip in the little bit of snow and fire...
  20. C

Transmission fluid

I use torque so the instructions I've been giving are only for torque. Go to settings and select manage extra PIDs. Then in the upper left corner select the menu 3 dots. Select add predefined and select "Ford (Inc Power Stroke)"
  21. C

Transmission fluid

Add the extra Ford PIDs then edit the Transmission Fluid Temperature OBD header from Auto to TCM. That way it will actually show you your transmission fluid temp and not just duplicate the coolant temperature.
  22. C

Transmission fluid

Yes that should work, but a OBDII dongle and an app like torque can be had for $50 combined, and can tell you a lot more than just what temp you're transmission fluid is.
  23. C

Transmission fluid

Hot coolant does not mean the transmission is up to temperature. The 6R60 won't typically hit operating temperature simply idling in neutral. You need some way to measure the transmission fluid temperature to know it's in the correct temperature range for measurement.
  24. C

1.5 inch leveling kit

I did not, and from my research you don't really have to. The angle on the ball joint is only extreme at full droop and now that the shocks/springs have 10,000ish miles on them its even less extreme than in the picture below IMG_20170811_105628 by christobal65, on Flickr
  25. C

1.5 inch leveling kit

I run the Rancho Quick lifts all the way around, and I'm really happy with them. I personally feel they are worth the extra money. My tires are 265/70/16s. IMG_20180302_150156 by christobal65, on Flickr
Back