Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I had the Bridgestones installed but haven't had them in snow yet. On dry pavement they are a bit firmer which I am fine with. Neither throw off a material amount of noise. Dry handling is about the same.
  2. D

The Tirerack ratings are based on more than 500 reviews so it's a fairly significant sample size. They aren't rated superior in a single category and only eek out an excellent (just barely) in dry traction. Empirical evidence is great, but when everyone is saying more or less the same thing...
  3. D

Tirerack is very respected & rate these tires 31 out of 32 in its class.
  4. D

I have to say, maybe you guys are more patient or tolerant than me, but IMO it's not acceptable to put such a crap tire on a car that stickers for $45K. All the AWD settings in the world aren't going to help you with crappy tires. The car is a lease. I wouldn't expect to drop $1K on an extra...
  5. D

Driver Seat and Foot Well Complaints

I've had mine about six months & 10K miles. I find the seats to be comfortable but the dead pedal is almost a triangle that cuts back towards the pedals & takes some getting used to.
  6. D

Just for ref, this is what I ordered. I'll report back with driving impressions...
  7. D

That is really unfortunate. My other car is a '10 Caddy CTS AWD. I am on a forum for that car & Caddy Cust Srvc monitors posts, responds and reaches out to people directly. I never had the opportunity to reach out to them because the car has been really good to me but it's good to know that...
  8. D

We were out early on Saturday before it got very bad. I know an all-season tire can only do so much but c'mon, these things are terrible and the rankings show that. They aren't highly rated in any category. Not what I expect from a car that stickers where these cars do. I got stuck where...
  9. D

Stock 20" Hankooks - who else hates them? :thumbdwn:I had my '15 Explorer Ltd AWD in the snow for the 1st time this weekend. The stock Hankooks are TERRIBLE! :mad: I got stuck 3x with them. This is a big concern as my wife drives this car with the kids in it. When I got home I jumped on...
Back