Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Found in lower oil pan...

Yeah, anything is better than these chains. If I was getting better gas mileage, maybe then it would be worth maintaining for the usefulness.
  2. B

Found in lower oil pan...

Just throwin' it out there, but I'll be getting out of my '02 EB in a couple years (startup rattle/intermittent 2200-3000 rattle). Hopefully I'll have the loan paid off by then. At that point I'm planning on moving to a Subaru Crosstrek/Outback/Imprezza Sport Hatch. I have a little one and I...
  3. B

Opinions needed for MOOG Strut

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3444870&cc=1377660&jsn=505 Rear shocks/struts are leaking fluid. I am looking to get out of the explorer all together in a few years, but I need to replace things like this. So if I have to, I'd like to save as much as I can. And for $87 each, I'd...
  4. B

Engine Removal With Pictures

I could use that for the 4.0 never pulled an engine before, so I don't know any major differences in pulling the 4.0 and the 4.6
  5. B

New Explorer Owner

The "well ****" part was more directed at the fact that I thought i was supposed to be using gold coolant/phosphate free and was wondering what kind of damage I was doing Then I saw it was for 03-later (Speaking of which, the moms has an 03 and she has green coolant too) I've only...
  6. B

New Explorer Owner

Well ****... Ever since I've had mine, I've used the Prestone 50/50.
  7. B

Rubicon XHD Winch bumper

Yeah, that's pretty much my line of thinking now too. But unless it's considerably cheaper, I doubt spending $2000+ on a front bumper isn't really going to ever be practical for me, unfortunately
  8. B

Side Lettering removal and re-application

Thanks Karlos! I appreciate it.
  9. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Rancho Quick Lift Struts - 2.25 BTF front spacers - 1.75 BTF rear spacers - BTF extended upper control arms - 3in body lift - 18x9 XD Monster wheels - 325/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers It's in his signature
  10. B

Odd air conditioning issue

Vacuum Motor actually not sure if that's the same thing all I know is, when I had the problem fixed, the part I posted is what they showed me
  11. B

Rubicon XHD Winch bumper

Such a great idea! Thank you! Still not looking to spend $2000 on a front bumper any time soon :banghead:
  12. B

That looks great! And touche about the flexibility, that's definitely a plus. I would probably have to remove my lettering for the bed-liner. I don't think it would come off as easy.
  13. B

I feel like it's so...plain If you're gonna Plasti-dip, why not bed-line? It looks better I feel like it's more durable too. I've seen black plasti-dip fade/chip pretty quick And since I already bed-lined my grille, I'd like it to be consistent. I'm going to do the Eddie Bauer gold trim in...
  14. B

definitely a good habit to have (for better or worse)
  15. B

Thanks for the reply! As far as re-application goes...same with the "explorer" on the doors and lift gate?
  16. B

I've looked around and haven't found much of a concrete method I've read people take the lettering off with floss but what does it go back on with??? I want it to be as factory applied as possible. I bed-lined my grill yesterday and it's time to continue that theme with the lettering
  17. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Right?! I thought so. And they're super easy to take off
  18. B

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Took the running boards off. Didn't mind them before, but now that they're off, I'm happy :D
  19. B

and I don't know if that's the exact part, so take your chances, but that's what it looks like. They used that part multiple times throughout the HVAC vacuum system
  20. B

I'm guessing he has auto/digital ac controls instead of manual controls
  21. B

try leaving your air re-circulation off and see if it still does it then I had the same problem with the air coming out of the defrost during load/acceleration did the smoke test with no apparent vacuum leaks. and by some random stroke of luck, I decided to leave the re-circ off to see what...
  22. B

Rubicon XHD Winch bumper

it's at least $1200 for the bumper alone, and maybe another $600-$800 for the winch yeah...it's gonna be a while
  23. B

Rubicon XHD Winch bumper

well that's better
  24. B

Rubicon XHD Winch bumper

Actually, this one would be perfect! http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/front-bumpers/2007-2013-jeep-jk-kc-hilites-stinger/ sorry, photobucket doesn't seem to be working with inserting images for me Guess I'll have to be the guinea pig, definiely don't have the money for it right now, but...
  25. B

Transmission Swap

First time I've owned a ford, so I don't know the diff specifics I do know that it's a stock 2002 Eddie Bauer 4.0. So if there is a usual diff ratio for that, it's probably that
Back