Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Axleshaft Question

Can a shaft from a pre-95 (31 spline drum) fit in a 95 or newer (disc) axle? Any flange or length differences? I'm looking for spare shafts. Thanks, Charly
  2. C

ARB Fitting on Diff

Thanks Ray
  3. C

ARB Fitting on Diff

Anyone?
  4. C

ARB Fitting on Diff

Hey, Exactly where on the centersection of the 8.8 is best ot put the ARB fitting? Anyone have any pics? Thanks, Charly
  5. C

'96 8.8" rear end, ebrakes?

Yep, OT is about 1.5 hrs away from Auburn. I just went wheeling up by Patten (east side of Katahdin) which is 1.5 hrs away fro me, so I wouldn't hesitate travelling that far. I am on the ORC board too (and JU, and POR and many others). Have you seen this one...
  6. C

'96 8.8" rear end, ebrakes?

Maine huh? I'm up here in Old Town. I have a 99 8.8 and it has the ABS tone ring in the housing with the electrical plug on top. I din't know anything about the VSS being moved there. The axle girdles (bearing support covers) won't fit YJs with most springunder lifts. You'll have to...
  7. C

Any weaknesses in 8.8 diff???

Yes you made a great choice Hellbender! :D
  8. C

Axle strength

I think early 44s (like pre 70's, maybe earlier) had 10 splines.
  9. C

Axle strength

brian1, Do they say why? I haven't seen that. I know the 8.8 is not liked because of the c-clips (everybody hates 'em). Charly
  10. C

Axle strength

The article you are talking about was in the 7/99 issue of Fourwheeler. It was about swapping the 8.8 into a YJ. I had later heard the test was actually performed by Warn. this is what they found: Axle strength in ft/lbs. D35: 4,000-4,300 D44: 4,600-5,000 8.8 (31 spl): 6,500...
  11. C

revolver shackels

Um, actually no. In your illustrations, the main eye of the spring (non-shackle side) is to the left of the drawing, and when properly mounted the pivot point is pointing towards the main eye (regardless of whether they are mounted on the front or back). So your illustration is backwards...
  12. C

New, Improved 8.8 ARB. I heard it's out.

For many months now ARB has been redsigning the air locker for the 8.8. it was supposed to be out months ago, but I'm just hearing the are becoming available. Apparently the redesign makes them stronger (side gears, and more) as well as taking care of some of the leak issues. The redesign...
  13. C

revolver shackels

Could you please explain these statements. Revolvers have a tab/stop so they can not overextend. And what does springs stopping flex before the shackles will mean? Here's a pic that illustrates the tab: Dead Link Removed Thanks, Charly
  14. C

thanks Thanks Matt.
  15. C

revolver shackels

revolver availability Stock Revolver sizes are now available through Tera for jeeps. Custom lengths are still handled through the inventor/manudfacturer Metal Made Rite. The best price I've found for the Tera ones is from Bob Supplee at Supplee 4WD in Oklahoma. The number is 405-799-8977...
  16. C

I recently heard the new improved 8.8 ARB is now available. Can anyone else confirm this. Thanks, Charly
  17. C

Rick, 4.88 rear gears???

Rick, Didn't you have to grind a small part of the ring gear so the cross shaft could be reinstalled? And, do you know of anyone runing 5.13s and an ARB in the 8.8? Thanks, Charly
  18. C

Air Tank Question

Yes, I hear the concerns expressed by Fireman Ron and others (I'm a firefighter/paramedic), but the air tanks use by the fire service are high pressure, with the lower pressure being 2200psi and the higher pressure (most bottles today) being 4500 psi. This is significantly different than the...
Back