Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

High pitched interior noise. Constant

I will let everyone know when they put the new inverter in. This is under warranty.
  2. J

OK Guys I have good news about the high pitch noise. My dealer found out where it is coming from. It is coming from the 12 volt to 120 volt inverter that is up under the dash above the glove box. That is why I said I heard it there. He had to order that part for me as Ford has a revision for it...
  3. J

2016 3.5 NA PTU questions

Just loosen each one and check the color of the oil
  4. J

2017 Explorer Sport

No. It cannot happen. I worked in a gm assembly plant for years and the car has too many quality control checks to go thru. And the ac fill is one of them.
  5. J

I am going to bring mine in as soon as a get a chance. My dealer in 40 miles away and I hate to have to go back and fourth to fix this. I am hoping with all the cars involved they might find it.
  6. J

On my 2017 sport it seems to be the loudest in my car right under the glove box. There is something bolted on underneath but I dont know what it is.
  7. J

Still seem to hear it at 600 miles also..its putting the sound in my own ears even when I am not in the car
  8. J

The noise is only there when engine running. It is not there when accessories only mode is activated. I have not brought it to the dealer yet. I had the 2014 sport and it did not have this sound. I hear it more by the glove box area. Is this where the computer is? Do you think the dealer would...
  9. J

Let me know how you make out with that problem as I hear the same high pitch noise in my new 2017 sport. I seem to hear it near the glove box area more. But hearing it all the time while driving I have it in my ears even when not in the explorer
  10. J

Hi, I just bought a 2017 explorer sport last week and I notice some type of high pitch interior noise in mine also. I thought it was just my hearing but now that someone else is complaining about it, it might be there. Does it without radio on or moving. It sounds just like the ringing noise...
Back