Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Second times a charm! P

Hey guys So originally I built a ‘16 platinum in December or January of 15/16. It was the dark metallic gray, they had just started offering the black seats, captains chairs in the 2nd row with the arm rest. I’m able to get it under the D plan, and they were offering a 0%apr for 60 months...
  2. B

Purchase Price for a 2016 Sport after Lease Term

My best advice for that, and I've been down the same road in life. Get a separate account that just has your automatic payments come out of it. Everything that I have that is an automatic payment comes out of that account. I total up all of those payments and have money pull from my main account...
  3. B

Purchase Price for a 2016 Sport after Lease Term

don't put money down on a lease!!! put the money aside and either use it to ease your payment cost or hold onto it until you purchase. If you total the vehicle that money is gone. Your vehicle will cost the same over the time of the lease whether you put money down at the beginning or not...
  4. B

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Usually they will install any aftermarket accessories, remove packaging material, final inspection, give it a cleaning to go over it and see if there is anything not correct, dings etc. and fill it up with gas. Usually can be done in a day, but that also depends a little on tech availability.
  5. B

Do you know what your build date was?
  6. B

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

I was going to do the same thing as well, but got talking with them and they were saying the 93 over the 87 should get you a little better gas mileage, and then when you tune, you want to continue to run the same fuel all the time because switching from 87 to 93 you want to run through a tank or...
  7. B

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

don't know who you have for a tuner, but look into getting an eco tune from them. Should get you a bunch of extra mpg, and then when you want to go play, just tune it back to the performance tune (keep using the same fuel though)
  8. B

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

So with an air intake it the air flow is actually more than stock, it will subtract fuel? does that mean better gas mileage with an intake? 3.5 eco boost question
  9. B

hey! I ordered my magnetic platinum on Feb 13th and the build date on it is march 15th, then depending on where you live, however long after that to get to your dealership. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the build timeline right now. I'm hoping its here before april 4th so I can still...
  10. B

Ordered 2016 Ford Platinum on 1/29/2015...

hmm, my build date is supposed to be 3/15 and its just giving me the restricted window sticker message when I try to look my vin up. How many days out before your build date did the window sticker pop up for you?
  11. B

2017 ordering

I think they'd look good with some winter tires on them as well, with those down posts helping churn through 2 feet of snow
  12. B

how'd you find your window sticker online?
  13. B

Picked up my Explorer

pics or it didn't happen!!
  14. B

It is Here: 2016 Explorer Platinum Red

could you take some more pictures of the interior with the seats? I've heard multiple dye transfer staining stories on the ceramic leather and put a hold on my build until monday to decide on going with the black leather or stay with the ceramic. My wife's worry is that the black doesn't look...
  15. B

2016 sport/platinum economy/performance tune questions

Thanks Livernois, I'm not to worried about daily driving, and getting on it here and there will put a smile on my face, I was more worried about the long hauls that I'll be taking to keep the efficiency up. I'm pretty good at keeping the throttle down and keeping it smooth, my wife says I drive...
  16. B

That's interesting. Livernois, was your 2-4mpg gains going from 87 stock to 93 with the tune, or is it going from 93 stock to 93 tuned? With that .5-1mpg increase from 87 to 93, and then the 2-4 on top of that, you could completely offset the cost
  17. B

Thanks for the input, that makes a lot of sense. Is the reason to run the 93 before the tune to clear the lines of 87 to make sure the whole system is on 93? Just a note, I did the math, gas here is $.45 more per gallon from 87 to 93. I left things simple, if you would average 20 mpg at $2...
  18. B

I'm not saying I can't afford 93, I'm saying that what is the point of having a fuel efficiency tune if it costs you more to get from point A to point B because of having to use a higher octane fuel. As far as efficiency goes, besides being able to travel farther on a tank of gas, the main...
  19. B

that makes sense on the towing, wonder how much work would have to be done to get it comfortably to the towing capacity I would need structurally..... Maybe I'll look into a f-150 when my wifes focus lease is up that she took over from her mother in law. So that basically leaves me with 3...
  20. B

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and really looking forward to where this adventure will take me I just ordered my 2016 platinum explorer with the turbo 3.5 and can't wait for it to get here. Downsizing from an Excursion with a v10 that I've had for the last 10 years. She was starting to...
Back